First look at the 2016 Accord

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if you want an Accord that just goes and stops so that you can concentrate on driving because it's getting more dangerous than ever mixing it up with other distracted drivers.

And those wheels. What if you drive in an area with pot holes and parallel parking? Those wheels make expensive curb feelers. Or what if there's lots of rain or some snow where you live but not enough to justify a set of snow tires and rims?

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
What if you want an Accord that just goes and stops so that you can concentrate on driving because it's getting more dangerous than ever mixing it up with other distracted drivers.

The gizmos are there, but it's up to you to decide if you want to use them and when.

Alternatively, I'm sure there will be a base model version with many gizmos deleted.

Quote:

And those wheels. What if you drive in an area with pot holes and parallel parking? Those wheels make expensive curb feelers. Or what if there's lots of rain or some snow where you live but not enough to justify a set of snow tires and rims?

19s are an option. Presumably 17s will be standard. You can easily buy 17" A/S tires that will handle rain as well as light snow.

And if curb kissing is a common issue, buy a truck instead.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: madRiver

I like the look of Accord 2016 hoping 6mt stays.....

6MT will be an option for the V6 in 2016

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I think the 2013 Accord really hit the styling nail on the head, but they're starting to lose me with the 2016 model and its LED lights and busier bodywork. I was hoping that multiple LED light pipes and swooshes were trends that would go away, but it doesn't appear that they are.

I like LED Headlight, DRL and Fog; But the front end styling is too busy, especially the wide aluminum band across the grill and too much tech and too many buttons in the cabin. 19" wheel is not right for a family sedan, 17" is the max.

May be the lower trims don't look so bad and have a lot less tech.

I think the total redesign of the Accord should be done for model year 2017-2018, I wouldn't buy model year 2016.

My 2012 EX-L V6 has been flawless. Road noise has never been an issue and I hate road noise and I'm very sensitive to it. My Accord is very quiet.
Not sure I could trade it in for a long time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris B.
My 2012 EX-L V6 has been flawless. Road noise has never been an issue and I hate road noise and I'm very sensitive to it. My Accord is very quiet.
\

Looks like a POS like all Honda products(I own mostly Honda vehicles)

Sounds like a big 3 lover:

Originally Posted By: dishdude
This LaCrosse has been around the area for a few months, earlier in the year it had camouflage covering the front and rear clips. I finally saw it without the camo and it has Chinese badging!

It looks like a nice update to the LaCrosse, I really like the current generation so I am excited to check one of these out once they are released. It looks sharp.

It looks like the 2015 200 was spotted out in the wild - I have to say it looks pretty sharp. I've been very impressed with what Chrysler has been putting out since they broke away from Diamler and can't wait to see this car in person.

Plus he owns a 2013 CAD ATS.

Last edited:
Honda has always scored well with the Accord.
They do sometimes offer bad styling, like the Acura ugly problem of recent years.
As a car company, it's hard to fault them on reliability, innovation, etc.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Sounds like a big 3 lover:

This LaCrosse has been around the area for a few months, earlier in the year it had camouflage covering the front and rear clips. I finally saw it without the camo and it has Chinese badging!

It looks like a nice update to the LaCrosse, I really like the current generation so I am excited to check one of these out once they are released. It looks sharp.

It looks like the 2015 200 was spotted out in the wild - I have to say it looks pretty sharp. I've been very impressed with what Chrysler has been putting out since they broke away from Diamler and can't wait to see this car in person.

Plus he owns a 2013 CAD ATS.

I am a big 3 lover. After reading this post in a GM thread
It will be a POS like all GM products(I own mostly GM vehicles)

The next thread I click on is a post with pictures of his ugly Accord.

I try not to bash brands unnecessarily but will happily strike back. If you look earlier in this thread, I said this

Looks nice, why bother with a TLX when this looks just as classy and has nearly all the same tech for thousands less?

Honda Accord has always beat the Camry on handling-steering. I assume that's still true. It was as of a couple of years ago at least. All Toyota has to do is fix their wallowy steering issues and they are right up there with Honda.

Originally Posted By: mclasser
My 2013 Pilot, though, is one of the quietest cars I've ever driven.

I really enjoy Honda's SUV chassis (Pilot/MDX/Ridgeline). They've got the right balance figured out on that one, methinks. My CR-V is certainly louder than our MDX...understandable for sure. I used to enjoy the CR-V's "connectedness" to the road, but that connectedness comes with a noise penalty -- at least at this price point. Our MDX (kissing cousins to a 1st generation Pilot) is reasonably quiet inside. The thing feels like it was chiseled out of a single steel billet -- it's just SOLID.

I'm selling my CR-V this week...my new-to-me Ridgeline is supposed to be delivered on Monday via open carrier. That is another one built on Honda's SUV chassis that just feels like a tank. It should -- it's a stiff unibody cab WELDED to a separate boxed ladder frame. Rigid is an understatement.

Anyway, I digress. Yes, Honda knows HOW to make a vehicle quiet. For various reasons, they seem to pick and choose how much treatment different vehicles get. There is certainly a penalty for a dead quiet car, at least psychologically. Sound isolation chambers are often also road isolation chambers. This obviously appeals differently to different customers.

I trust that each automaker, whether that's Honda or Buick or Volvo or anyone else, has their core audience figured out...
smile.gif

Clown shoes and chrome. Just what Honda feels America wants more of. And my name is on a 2014 Sport. And the tool in video says nothing about mechanical changes. Give me lightweight 15" or 16" rims with the DCT 8 speed auto and a chrome delete option.

Originally Posted By: jhs914
I agree about the road noise. My wife's 2012 Accord is a great car, but the road noise is inexcusable……..

Here is what Honda has done with the new 2016 Pilot, to reduce noise:
(quoted from Honda's press package).

"……..Overall, the new Pilot's comprehensive aero-overhaul pays dividends in virtually every part of the driving experience, [including] reduced interior noise levels that directly contribute to a calmer and more enjoyable ride………"

"……….Utilizing Honda's new Global Light Truck Platform structure, the 2016 Pilot's………...has 25-percent more torsional rigidity and is more tightly sealed than before, helping to provide class-leading dynamic performance along with a new level of cabin quietness befitting its status as a premium family SUV……."

"………….The new Pilot takes noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) countermeasures to the next level, positioning it at the top of its competitive set. All Pilot trims feature strategically placed body sealants, while the Touring and Elite trims add foam front and rear door acoustic barriers for additional sound attenuation. Additional NVH enhancements on all models include acoustic separators applied to the lower front portion of the doorframe, upper inside and upper outside portions of the A-pillar, the lower portion of the B-pillar, the rear portion of the rear doorframe, and the upper portion of the C-pillar……………"

"……..Special acoustic laminated [windshield] glass is used on the Pilot EX-L and above trims to help reduce noise entering the cabin. Tuned specifically to attenuate wind-noise frequencies, the windshield glass uses an outer layer of 2.0mm safety glass, a 0.7mm thick middle layer of acoustic polyvinyl butyral (PVB) and a 1.8mm inner layer for a total thickness of 4.5mm. This helps the Pilot place at the top of its class in wind-noise performance. ……….The LX and EX trims utilize 4.7mm thick laminated glass with 2.0mm outer and inner layers and a 0.7mm regular PVB middle layer………."

"………..In addition, Pilot LX, EX and EX-L trims have 5.0mm tempered front door glass and 4.0mm tempered rear door glass, while the Touring and Elite trims are further advanced with acoustic 4.8mm laminated front door glass and 5.0mm tempered rear door glass…………."

"……….The stiffer new body structure allows for more flexibility in optimizing the suspension tuning to deliver significant gains in both dynamic handling performance and better isolation of road noise, vibration and harshness (NVH)…………….."

"…………..The upper front damper mounts provide a “triple path" load-bearing system that helps absorb road vibration and harshness…………."

"………At the rear………….softer bushings are calibrated to reduce road noise without compromising handling………"

"…..The Pilot's engine, transmission, and front and rear suspension systems are mounted on rigid steel subframes. These subframes attach to the unit body at rubber-isolated mounting points that help keep powertrain and road noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) out of the passenger cabin…………"

When is Honda going to design the Accord so it's neither a bland mobile nor ugly? That 2016 Accord is one ugly car.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
When is Honda going to design the Accord so it's neither a bland mobile nor ugly? That 2016 Accord is one ugly car.

does it really matter as a top seller?

Thanks for the info SubLGT
The only issue I see here is all models should have the same features for road noise isolation instead of only the upper tier models. Make it across the board!

My brother has a 12 model, and the rear control arms bent, and ruined the rear tires. Dealer claimed it's a problem on a lot of Accords. The road noise is loud. I bought my 2002 Accord from him, and I don't think the new one is quieter.

Last edited:
I've never heard of the control arms bending, but the rear alignment will sometimes go out of spec, due to things like spring settling and camber not being adjustable from the factory. A new set of upper control arms, with an adjustable turn buckle, will fix it right up.

\

Looks like a POS like all Honda products(I own mostly Honda vehicles)

I have owned over 20 GM vhicles so **** off. All of them with the exception of my 1997 Sierra have been JUNK and full of problems. I gave up on GM and that Accord is my first Honda and it is FAR AND AWAY the best vehicle I have owned. Lets see what pictures of past GM vehicles I have to post. Notice all are in my drive way that the Accord is in:

I have many more that I have owned but don't have pictures of them to post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back