Anyone going to try Ravenol 0w16?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking on their website today, the price is $11.44 for a 1L bottle, and $44.50 for a 4L jug. Ships out of Wisconsin, for me at least. Shipping is reasonable at around $8 for 5L to my doorstep. So we're talking Redline/Amsoil prices here. Once my stash of 0w20 is gone next year, I really want to try this stuff. Who wants to bite the bullet and post some UOAs?
whistle.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
Lol. Wouldn't try it for a buck a quart.

Agreed...

Originally Posted By: stchman
What car uses 0W-16?

None of mine, everah...

I'm waiting for the 0w0, then I'll use that in everything.

In all seriousness, if I had a car that spec'd Xw20, I'd try the Xw16s then they become available. I don't think an elderly slant-six, an old VW engine punched out nearly 50% bigger than it was designed to be, a 570cc powersports engine that turns 6000 RPM for extended periods, or a used Ecotec of unknown history are engines that encourage a lot of experimenting with ultra thin oils.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
0w-16 is probably the future, just not today.

Nope, the future is some Tri-Flow on electric motor bearings.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
0w-16 is probably the future, just not today.

Nope, the future is some Tri-Flow on electric motor bearings.
grin2.gif

Electric motor bearings are sealed for life, already.

Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro
I'm waiting for the 0w0, then I'll use that in everything.

In all seriousness, if I had a car that spec'd Xw20, I'd try the Xw16s then they become available. I don't think an elderly slant-six, an old VW engine punched out nearly 50% bigger than it was designed to be, a 570cc powersports engine that turns 6000 RPM for extended periods, or a used Ecotec of unknown history are engines that encourage a lot of experimenting with ultra thin oils.
I ran my bug on 20W 50 year round. Many others got byy with single grade 30. The chances of me putting 0W 16 in a BMW airhead bike are slim and none.

Ravenol says they are using tri-nuclear molybdenum. Isn't that an Infineum patent? I'm trying to find a PDS tech data sheet on it.

I can give you much more than a crummy PDS!

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3763625/0W-16_Seq_IVA,_VIII,_IIIG,_VG_#Post3763625

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
I ran my bug on 20W 50 year round. Many others got byy with single grade 30. The chances of me putting 0W 16 in a BMW airhead bike are slim and none.

Yuck, 20-50. I ran it for a little while. Poor starter could barely crank it and it ran like [censored] until the oil got warm. I've always run 5/10-30 with no issues. I'm only using the 15-30 because it's new and "neat". Once I'm out of it, Delo 10w30 all the way.

What is it with all these poor starting systems in the US that always pop up in these threads ?

25W70 in my J-Car at -7C cranked slower, but didn't struggle and barely start.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
What is it with all these poor starting systems in the US that always pop up in these threads ?

25W70 in my J-Car at -7C cranked slower, but didn't struggle and barely start.

It's nonsense indoctrinated into the sheeple who require someone to tell them the "truth".
When the fact of the matter is there is no black and white. Just shades of grey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back