El Salador Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some pictures from my recent trip to El Salvador in Central America. I didn't get near as many as i wanted as some of the places i visited it isn't that safe for a grengo to be walking around taking pictures with a new Iphone 6. Enjoy

here are pictures from my window at a friends house.

These next two are at another mutual friends house near downtown Santa Ana.

The "grengo" market. A very safe upscale market

El Lago Coatepeque. a lake on the inside of a Volcano.

Little animals made by a teenage girl. They were two for 1$ the boat 1$ as well. I felt her pain so i bought everything she had and paid her twice the asking price. She was humble and so sweet. I was told by a local she sells those to feed herself along with her 80+ year old grandma and grandpa. She only makes about 2$ a day normally.

Street protest. Students protesting poor college teachers and a terrible system in KKK suits block the main highway until military and police removed them.

Machete Juggling

oil in El Salvador. note the prices. all prices are in US Dollars. PYB was $35 per 5qt jug.

"high-End" carshow in Santa ana. If you have money here you drive a Honda...the S2000's are the Ferrari's of the lot.

Resort.

The school my friend grew up in. This is a private school. If you go here you are in the top 15% of the country.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Cool pics, you sure it isn't spelled and pronounced "gringo"

Thank you. you are correct! a week and a half of speaking spanish and my english is already worse lol

Thanks for posting the pics
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Little animals made by a teenage girl. They were two for 1$ the boat 1$ as well. I felt her pain so i bought everything she had and paid her twice the asking price. She was humble and so sweet. I was told by a local she sells those to feed herself along with her 80+ year old grandma and grandpa. She only makes about 2$ a day normally.

It's very nice of you in helping the little girl. Thank you.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

It's very nice of you in helping the little girl. Thank you.
thumbsup2.gif

They are worth it, her products are truly beautiful. It's unfortunate that she is unable to get a better price for them. I think they would fly off the shelves of gift shops in the U.S at $5 a pop. The time and creativity that is invested in each item is amazing. She deserved, and more than earned every penny. I'm so grateful to live in the U.S and to have the opportunities and blessings I have.

Look at that... that's the first place in the world where I've seen Platinum Euro being cheaper than regular Platinum.
smile.gif

Nice pics!

So what did you end up doing with the oil for your friend? Did you just let him pick out what he wanted at Walmart and paid his bill?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Look at that... that's the first place in the world where I've seen Platinum Euro being cheaper than regular Platinum.
smile.gif

Nice pics!

So what did you end up doing with the oil for your friend? Did you just let him pick out what he wanted at Walmart and paid his bill?
smile.gif

Sure did! He wanted Citgo duraguard 20w50 because that is what he has always used in his Civic. I suggested 10w30 but he has been using the 20w50 for the last 100k miles in his 260k mile civic. The car runs well and is quiet on startup. It's the D17 engine. It stays hot year round there so it's never started in temps below about 75-80F. It cost $25 for a gallon and a filter and the shop changed the oil at no cost!

The prices are high, but if you buy the oil at almost any shop they will install it complementary! Pretty cool!

Last edited:

The prices are high, but if you buy the oil at almost any shop they will install it complementary! Pretty cool!

You have to wonder what their angle is... like if the used oil is somehow worth several bucks a gallon.

Old oil can be used as a heating source. There is probably little need for heating in a place like El Salvador on a personal level, but maybe in some industrial applications?

Or maybe it's being put back in the bottles and sold as new oil at some local bazaar?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back