How much damage do you think I did? Failed suspens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KzMitch
Dammit.
I saw the title and got all excited thinking it was another Avery4 post.

LOL!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Yeah. Things happen I'm hoping worse case scenario it will just be a new wheel bearing on that side and maybe a new caliper bracket if that's bent up from the truck sitting on it. Hopefully they can check it out tomorrow.

You're optimistic. There'll be some collateral damage from stuff scraping that shouldn't have scraped. Probably near $1000.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Yeah. Things happen I'm hoping worse case scenario it will just be a new wheel bearing on that side and maybe a new caliper bracket if that's bent up from the truck sitting on it. Hopefully they can check it out tomorrow.

You're optimistic. There'll be some collateral damage from stuff scraping that shouldn't have scraped. Probably near $1000.

It ended up being the caliper came loose. You guys are good! haha I think the alignment is out of whack a little bit though so I'm going to have that checked tomorrow. I noticed when I make it left turn the steering wheel doesn't return back to the straight position on it's own as easy as it used to and when if I turn it almost all the way it wants to keep turning. The the mechanic said everything on the front end was tight so I guess that's good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took it to firestone today to have them do an alignment check and they told me my lower ball joints, passenger side inner tie rod and also I had a torn boot on one lower control arm. So they wouldn't do an alignment, really I wanted them to just check it to make sure nothing got bent when the caliper jammed up my rim, but I guess I didn't explain that well enough. I spent $170.00 on that lifetime alignment and ever since I got it they always find something wrong everytime I go. My concern is since they won't do the alignment they will replace all these parts and then it still won't be able to be aligned.

Never take your car to Firestone! Count that $170 as a lesson learned and find yourself a reputable shop.

Probably will just take it back to the local place that fixed it in half a day and have them see what's up with it. Something is jacked up though cause you make a left turn and if you turn it passed like 80 percent the steering wheel doesn't want to come back to the middle on its own. Other than that it goes straight now. haha Before all this happened it always had a slight pull to the left cause the camber was at its maximum adjustment. Also the steering wheel is a little bit more off center than before. (Firestone wasn't able to center it when I took it in for an alignment about a year ago) Idiots. I went in with a truck that drove straight and left with one that pulled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Never take your car to Firestone! Count that $170 as a lesson learned and find yourself a reputable shop.

I didn't know firestone was that bad.

If it pulls to one side the caster is probably off(one wheel too far forward or aft)... In bad cases wheels won't be located same in wheelwell opening, seen vehicles with 1/2" or more difference... Assuming the fenders haven't been half knocked off, that can easily be checked with a tape measure... No I'm not saying adjust it yourself(though I do), just a good place to start to see if there are obvious issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back