Crazed LEO in Dashcam in Boston Suburb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Benito
GiveMeAVowel said:
if I was the driver I would have if possible left the scene and as soon as out of range of the detective I would have phoned 911 and informed them of what happened and explained to the arriving officers why you refused to remain at the location of the detective.

Quote:

You don't think doing ^ would lead to the below outcome?
21.gif

The detective might very well placed the motorist under arrest, and yes, caused injury.

The fact that the motorist would have immediately called 911 and informed them about where they were and explained the situation would have at best resulted in a ticket for the traffic violation, something tells me this isn't the first time the det has been involved in this kind of behavior, it will be interesting to see what happens in this case.

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I would have been on the phone to 911, to get a sane, on-duty cop there as quickly as possible.

And Chief Sacco needs to void out that ticket as soon as possible.

Actually, the ticket seems legitimate....the driver admitted his mistake.

Was the off-duty cop acting legitimate, or did he appear to be wacked out of his mind, and threaten to kill someone?

OK, the State's Attorney needs to refuse to prosecute on it.

It's like I entered the Twilight Zone, everyone agrees in this thread and the Lion one!
crazy2.gif
50.gif

Originally Posted By: ExMachina
^^^GiveMeAVowel, I don't see the "baiting and arguing". The victim was the sane one here. Detective was way out of control. Threatening to blow a hole in somebody's head is serious.

The det was obviously not acting in a professional and stable manner, the correct thing to do on the motorists part was to remain calm and allow the det to vent his frustration, and answer only what he asked you, why escalate the behavior by challenging him and mentioning the dash cam? It was clear that the motorist kept challenging and that was asking for more trouble, whether the det was right or wrong. Live to fight another day in court.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Originally Posted By: ExMachina
^^^GiveMeAVowel, I don't see the "baiting and arguing". The victim was the sane one here. Detective was way out of control. Threatening to blow a hole in somebody's head is serious.

The det was obviously not acting in a professional and stable manner, the correct thing to do on the motorists part was to remain calm and allow the det to vent his frustration, and answer only what he asked you, why escalate the behavior by challenging him and mentioning the dash cam? It was clear that the motorist kept challenging and that was asking for more trouble, whether the det was right or wrong. Live to fight another day in court.

For some reason the motorist mistakenly thought he had to under the law, but apparently he does not.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massach...wFJI/story.html

There is no excuse for the way that maniac hopped out of his truck, dressed the way he was and threatening to put a hole through the motorist's head. What if the motorist were armed and feared for his life?

Originally Posted By: dishdude

For some reason the motorist mistakenly thought he had to under the law, but apparently he does not.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massach...wFJI/story.html

There is no excuse for the way that maniac hopped out of his truck, dressed the way he was and threatening to put a hole through the motorist's head. What if the motorist were armed and feared for his life?

The dash cam video would have absolved the motorist of any liability for leaving the scene, it was clear to anyone and of course a Judge or Magistrate that the det was not only acting unprofessionally, he was verbally threatening to assault the motorist without cause.

Terroristic threat, death threat, attempting to conceal a crime by taking film....seems cut and dry. Criminal charges plus twice the penalty for abusing authority to commit the crimes.

Seems like all the disappointments and frustrations of that LOE's day/week/year/life were channelled onto this one motorist.

Obviously not offering an excuse, but someone ought to look into that guy's life to see what is causing him to act like that. This would be for the public's safety as well as his own.

Hold on. We haven't heard the logic that since the motorist broke the law, everything that followed after was his fault.

That's why the cop said he was lucky he didn't shoot him in the head. The motorist should actually consider himself lucky.

Plus, he then refused to turn off the vehicle several times. He was lucky to not be dragged out of the car for refusing a lawful order. If that had happened, it would have been his fault.

By prior arguments applied in previous cases, the motorist was very very lucky.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
is this where fellow BITOG say "yes, sir" or "no, sir" to this cop when he pulls you over?

Considering the state of mind that det was in wouldn't you?
Unless you would shoot the det and claim self defense.

Again you live another day and fight it in court. Why risk dying to prove a point with a peon cop?

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I shout at drivers all day for 45mins on the way to work. Bunch of Morons out there.

When you shout at the other drivers, do they say, "Look, there is another Moron driver."?

Originally Posted By: BHopkins
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I shout at drivers all day for 45mins on the way to work. Bunch of Morons out there.

When you shout at the other drivers, do they say, "Look, there is another Moron driver."?

Worse this isn't 1970, in today's America you might either have a road raging motorist ram you and cause an accident, or shoot you.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
The union will save that detectives butt. He will claim work stress and will undergo counselling.
I assure you the union will take this officer's actions very seriously. He'll surely have a letter put into his file for this. Maybe even several hours of retraining at Hooters. Every step will be taken to correct this behavior.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
the correct thing to do on the motorists part was to remain calm and allow the det to vent his frustration,

In a free country citizens have NO responsibility to bend over and take it just because some cop is having a bad day and wants to vent.

Kneel and suck the benificent overlord lest he add holes to your head is not an obligation.

Sadly it seems the typical American of 2015 has more in common with Frenchmen in 1940 than his own ancestors.

With all the threats spewing from the off-duty detective nutjob, the detective could have been shot justifiably. Threats and gun toting mean you can kill him. The dashcam video would then exonerate you, because it would have shown the threats just before you shot him.

I'd like to see the part where he almost collides with the cars. I'd be worked up about it too.

Really not that bad compared to other things going on. We had state troopers shooting a woman while hunting and another driving drunk here in Plymouth killed a mother and daughter .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back