Wax recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the NXT's durability depends on its environment. I've used it and been happy with it, but garaging a car all the time probably makes a difference. In your climate, especially left outdoors, I bet things are quite different!
wink.gif

I do like that it's very easy to apply and buff off, of course.

I'd also go with a sealant. The advantages in protection and longevity with little to no disadvantage in gloss should make it an easy decision. I use Menzerna Power Lock, there are newer sealants on the market but Power Lock is still among the best. For a sealant to be effective you'll need to strip any wax currently on the finish.

007 said:
Meguiars Ultimate Paste is a great product which last a long time when applied correctly. I also live in FL and my vehicles are kept outside. The secret is to pay attention to humidity if you can and after applying the product give it time to set up. If you try to remove it too soon it will smear and be a pain to take off. Give it time and it comes off real easy. Just be sure if you use a slow orbital bonnet that you go over the vehicle with a microfiber towel when you are done to pick up any residue. I have yet to find anything that last as long in the Sunshine state. Nu Finish is also good but its NOT Meguiars and you need to be careful. It also stinks as far as smell!

Update: I recently used Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax on two of my vehicles. Goes on just like UPW but leaves a better overall look than UPW and is supposed to last longer here in the FL sun. We will see.

007 said:
007 said:
Meguiars Ultimate Paste is a great product which last a long time when applied correctly. I also live in FL and my vehicles are kept outside. The secret is to pay attention to humidity if you can and after applying the product give it time to set up. If you try to remove it too soon it will smear and be a pain to take off. Give it time and it comes off real easy. Just be sure if you use a slow orbital bonnet that you go over the vehicle with a microfiber towel when you are done to pick up any residue. I have yet to find anything that last as long in the Sunshine state. Nu Finish is also good but its NOT Meguiars and you need to be careful. It also stinks as far as smell!

Update: I recently used Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax on two of my vehicles. Goes on just like UPW but leaves a better overall look than UPW and is supposed to last longer here in the FL sun. We will see. NXT is perfect for my 71 Buick which is always in the garage and gives a white car a glowing wet look but I agree even inside it does seem to last long.

I don't like to use wax on cars parked outside. Instead I like to polish the paint so that there aren't any swirls, and then keep a good coat of sealant on the surface to protect it.

Durability, have to agree with any of the Duragloss, FK1000P and 476 recommendations. Easy to use, opti seal, crystal seal or ultima ppg+.

Originally Posted By: 007
Originally Posted By: B25urgandy
I"m surprised no one recommended Zymol Royale Glaze why bother saving for a new car.

Isn't Zymol now made by Turtle Wax?

No, only the cheap blue cleaner wax zymol stuff sold in Wal Marts is made by Turtle Wax.

All joking aside now, has anyone used a Zymol that isn't the turtle wax version? All they make are carnauba waxes correct? no sealants or synthetics?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: B25urgandy
All joking aside now, has anyone used a Zymol that isn't the turtle wax version? All they make are carnauba waxes correct? no sealants or synthetics?

I tried the carbon or whatever the name is but it didn’t seem any better than the Meguiar's Gold Class paste i had been using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back