2013 Civic Si - K-Series - Honda MTF - 15,227 mile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drive this car very hard. I treat it nice with fluids. Wanted to make sure the transmission was looking good for break in period.

5pyO7my.png

Last edited:
I made the dumb mistake of putting Royal Purple Synchomesh in (Which isn't meant for LSD type trans. I didn't do the quick google search) which I have in now, only 1000 miles so far, but I do have Redline 75W80 GL-4 on stand-by

We are nearly ten years on and going strong with our Si. Very good car although I have had to put some 100K+ maintenance bux in it (about $1300 a year ago, it's over 120K now, and a new clutch recently for another $1300). But, averaged out, it has been a stellar car. Take car of it and it'll take car of you.

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
We are nearly ten years on and going strong with our Si. Very good car although I have had to put some 100K+ maintenance bux in it (about $1300 a year ago, it's over 120K now, and a new clutch recently for another $1300). But, averaged out, it has been a stellar car. Take car of it and it'll take car of you.

I sure will. I treat her well, and beat her. The car doesn't skip a beat. Put in MTEC springs, Hybrid Racing Bushings and SS Clutch line and CDV delete. Even a better driving attitude car. People wonder why when you treat Honda's well, and keep such a strong resale value.

Besides all of that, I'm impressed by the results. Gonna send in another 15k sample most likely and see how it's doing.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Just curious, are you following the MM? Does it monitor MTF?

MTF fluid change is 30k for the K-Series 6-speed per Honda manual. The MM does not monitor MTF. Just tells me to replace the Transmission fluid under MM. Here is the screenshot from my manual.

(Not directed to you) Like I mentioned, some people here are like "Why replace it so early, don't do it, wasting money" Well... I beat on my vehicles. I changed my oil early, and my Trans to make sure everything was peachy. $25 sample analyze > new transmission or rebuild.

HRnPp1G.png

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SavageWS6
I made the dumb mistake of putting Royal Purple Synchomesh in (Which isn't meant for LSD type trans. I didn't do the quick google search) which I have in now, only 1000 miles so far, but I do have Redline 75W80 GL-4 on stand-by

What about the Synchromesh isn't compatible?

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Originally Posted By: SavageWS6

What about the Synchromesh isn't compatible?

Well, I guess it isn't compatible persay but Royal Purple recommends HPS or XPR 5W-30 for the following all Honda/Acura MTF replacement, according to there .pdf

http://www.royalpurpleconsumer.com/asset...s_Reference.pdf

Same thing happened with some of the guys on the 9thgen (and 8thgen) forum I'm on. They put AMSOIL MTF (for example) in, which isn't mean for LSD setup's, and there was excessive wear in the transmission, more than normal.

I can't 100% give you the exact reason for the compatibility issue. Maybe something with the additives and wear properties.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back