An American Dentist Killed Zimbabwe’s Famous Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force (ZCTF), the hunt began on July 6. 'They went hunting at night with a spotlight and they spotted Cecil,' said the ZCTF's Johnny Rodrigues.

'They tied a dead animal to their vehicle to lure Cecil out of the park and they scented an area about half a kilometre from the park.'

Rodrigues revealed that Palmer shot his bow and arrow at Cecil, but failed to kill him and that they stalked the wounded and stricken lion for 40 hours before finally shooting him dead and beheading him.

He added: 'The head – his trophy – has been impounded and confiscated as evidence for the court in Victoria Falls'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l#ixzz3hCkUbgWi

Honestly I don't get it, where is the challenge anyway? The lion has no chance and lions aren't food for humans either.

I've said it before......"ban people". Natural law is no longer able to weed out the worst and it is breeding more insane, criminal, and bizarre behavior as well.

Last edited:
Completely disgusting. You have to wonder what kind of man would do such a thing.

These are not "hunts". They are assignations, more correctly characterizes as shooting fish in a barrel. But with the right amount of money it's all okay. Just like politics.

I have three cats and a dog. I love my animals. That said, I have no problem killing pest animals like a squirrel or raccoon that is being destructive.

The laws regarding killing an animal, even under disgusting circumstances like those depicted in the OP, are not however the same as for killing a human being. This is a slippery slope, animals are butchered every day for our tables, raised under abhorrent conditions for the purpose of being killed and consumed.

So while I certainly agree that this form of "sport" has no place in a civilized society, I do not agree with those that feel that he should be beheaded for killing the lion.

You don't go to jail for running over a raccoon or smoking a deer with your car. The repercussions for hitting a human are markedly different. So in the case of beheading this lion, the repercussion also, are (suitably) different. We humanize our pets, we make them part of our family, but as far as wild fare goes, this lion is no different from a bear, deer or moose, animals that are hunted (usually for food) every year. So while this was indeed wasteful and disgusting, it is not in-line with killing somebody's pet, let alone killing another human being.

BTW I'm not into all this sensitive new age [censored] and moral high ground garbage. The world all a bit too touchy feely. It's just not my style. What goes around comes around and there should be consequences for these actions. I felt great when that hunter got trampled to death by an elephant his was hunting the other day. Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back