WJB bearings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever use these? I ordered one as an emergency replacement on the Cherokee (first time I ever had one catastrophically let go ...). Looks to be IDENTICAL to a timken wheel bearing.

Has the red seal on the inside - which I have only seen on Timken, plus it seems to be quite a bit heavier than the others I have seen before for these Jeeps. Definitely heavier than the ones that are in the Jeep now.

LOL! when it comes to bearings: looks can be deceiving.

You can ask our resident bearing engineer and he will tell you all the horror stories about bearings.

Q.

I tend toward SKF for bearings these days, even though some of them are allegedly made in China as well. It really hurts that the name Timken doesn't mean a danged thing anymore.
frown.gif

Timken are repackaged bearings nowadays, citing that

(a) recently bought some for 7th gen civics, they are chinese bearings.

(b) bought some for 5.5gen Camry: both sides are repackaged (US made) NSK bearings.

When it comes to bearing quality, it's the luck of the draw: you can get some seriously good bearings but due to some human errors/operational anomalies, they would fail prematurely.

Alternatively: you can get some chinese made bearings that lasted over 100k easily and still good...

Go and bet on it, and see how it goes?

(*I'm not at all worried in my case,for I have press to press bearings if they fail prematurely, at the cost of the customers of course*)

Q.

My BIL's MPV SKF packaged bearings where Korean stuff...

Originally Posted By: Quest
Timken are repackaged bearings nowadays, citing that

(a) recently bought some for 7th gen civics, they are chinese bearings.

(b) bought some for 5.5gen Camry: both sides are repackaged (US made) NSK bearings.

When it comes to bearing quality, it's the luck of the draw: you can get some seriously good bearings but due to some human errors/operational anomalies, they would fail prematurely.

Alternatively: you can get some chinese made bearings that lasted over 100k easily and still good...

Go and bet on it, and see how it goes?

(*I'm not at all worried in my case,for I have press to press bearings if they fail prematurely, at the cost of the customers of course*)

Q.

My BIL's MPV SKF packaged bearings where Korean stuff...

The last Timken I got for the Cherokee were made in China - identical to these. Along with the ones I changed last week.

It's a unit bearing so I can have it changed out in 30? minutes.

My Grand Cherokee has an SKF hub and a Duralast hub from autozone. The duralast is the better product. Hate to say it. It looks like a rebranded Timken.

For roller bearings in my rear axle, one side is a Napa roller bearing made by SKF; garbage. The other is a Timken and it's pretty good. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back