... and they stole some used tires!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure they stole the cash, they found it. It was left laying around and the atm employees left.
Would i keep it? No. But i'm not sure its theft when they left it laying around.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spasm3
I'm not sure they stole the cash, they found it. It was left laying around and the atm employees left.
Would i keep it? No. But I'm not sure its theft when they left it laying around.
Most states have laws about the the procedure for claiming found goods. It involves notification of the police and a waiting period. Truly "abandoned" property is
different than "lost or misplaced" property. How hard would returning a bag with a bank's name on it be-- instead of making off with it? So, they ARE thieves.

Last edited:
Interesting situation......

Would an insanity plea work in this case? That much money could make someone insane could it not? Or, just make them stupid. Maybe it could be called a stupid plea.

It's just like the plea made by a motorist that gets stopped on the side of the road. What's the first thing you hear them say on those videos when the cop finds a gun or drugs in the car...."It's not mine. I don't know how it got there. Someone must have pit it there". It's the stupid plea, that is they think the cop is stupid. They think the legal system is stupid.

In maritime law..you find it..you keep it.. as salvage. The original owner loses claim to the property when the ship or cargo is lost..however..when you are on land, in the USA, in most cases you do have a claim if no-one else comes forward with proof of ownership (superior claim)

JACKPOT!
banana2.gif
A very good day of pickin. lol

Not so good for the ATM employee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back