Havoline Pro DS Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
O'Reilly has 5-qt plus Wix filter on sale for $27 before $10 rebate.

This is a tempting deal for an 0w-20 synthetic. But I wonder if the new Havoline product has a better NOACK. The old stuff had a rating of 13.

They updated their NOACK % so it does suggest there has been some changes from the old version to the ProDS, especially with the 5w20, maybe better base stock for it or just a retest of the old stuff and came up with different numbers. 5W20 used to be 13% as well as 5w30. 5W20 now is listed at 11%, more along the lines of their competitors 5w20, but 5W30 remains 13%. Not that any of that matters a whole lot, likely not going to see much turning to vapor even with SN group II oils.....unless your engine is prone to consumption or PCV etc issues.

I used 5w30 in a Nissan Frontier 4.0L, it did as well as any other synthetic I put in it even if it is on the light side of 30w. I am current using the ProDS 5w20 in a dodge ram 3.6L, I am pleased with it. I believe this brand to be comparable to QSUD.

I know this is a old thread but this oil is just relabeled Chevron Supreme Synthetic. I use to buy the 0W-20 and 5W-40 from my local Chevron distributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back