PQIA tests five more diesel oils (7/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that this is a compliance check; (i.e. what is written on the label is in the bottle) not a contest to show what is better; edit i now understand.

Last edited:
Thanks for including Blain's oil in your test. I see it used frequently in ag and construction equipment locally. Any plans to test Blain's 5w-40 synthetic blend diesel oil?

Wonder how long it will take before Pennzoil Gold is ever tested?

All of this regional, store brand stuff gets tested, but an offering from Pennzoil is overlooked for years.

I'm not sure if anyone at PQIA even knows that Gold exists...

Originally Posted By: Rand
Looks like Ace is the winner of that bunch.

Curious how you came to that conclusion. Lowest NOACK?

Funny how Loves, which you'd only expect to find in a truck stop, is in a tiny quart bottle.

Yeah, that Ace oil surely looks tough.
Seems like it has a good additive package and excellent NOACK.

Traveller seems lacking in Ca as far as diesel oils are concerned although I have the same opinion about Delvac too. Just surprises me since Tractor Supply sells a ton of it.

As far as conventionals are concerned, I'd go Rotella all the way followed by Delo.
21.gif

I think the days of high Ca HDEOs, particularly from the majors with ACEA E7, E9 or E6, E7, E9 specifications, are over. Most of the big names with those approvals (and a bunch of builder approvals) have gone to the Mg package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back