Wiper Blade Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a new wiper blade delivered yesterday, mine had started to split.

It's a Carsio brand, £2.99 delivered, 20" beam style retro fit to a U hook arm.

I'd been reading this thread to get some ideas, in the end I went with my usual glass cleaning routine:

A few drops of table vinegar on a kitchen towel to dampen the surface, rubbed thoroughly all over the glass, being careful not to get any on the paint.
Dry off with more kitche towl, rinse off with a few gallons of water, dry off again, clay the glass, wet the glass and test the blade.

To my surprise, for such a cheap item it performs remarkably well - time will tell if it stands up to accumulated use.

After I washed the car last time, it rained a few days later. Used the wipers and... NO LINE!
Maybe it was just residual stuff from the other blades, but so far the Honda blades seem to work just as expected. I haven't tried them again since the rainy day, but there was no line after using them so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed next time I hit the wiper switch.

In Feb. 2014 I needed new wiper blades. I usually buy Anco or Michelin from WM. O'Reilly's had a buy 1 get 1 FREE sale on Bosch Excel+ wiper blades. I decided to give them a try. They still wipe like they did from day 1. When they finally wear out I WILL be buying another set, unless they do the buy 1 get 1 FREE promotion. I will buy them and just wait for the current pair to wear out.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail...ord=wiper+blade

Originally Posted By: ryanschillinger
Finally installed the honda wipers, but they still leave a line where the passenger blade stops up top and changes direction to go back down. It isn't nearly as bad as the hybrids I pulled off, and at least these wipe all the washer fluid off as they swipe, but there is still a line where something is getting "smudged" at the top of its sweep the best I can describe it. I have tried cleaning the windshield with glass cleaner, and then 0000 steel wool with glass cleaner trying to stop this smudging. Any other ideas? I might try using Comet scouring powder and see if that stops it.

My wife and I have '15 Fit and "15 Civic. Both of these leave a temporary "line" at the point where the wiper changes direction. Both did it since new. It is mildly annoying, but not a huge deal.

Originally Posted By: ryanschillinger
Temporary? Like it evaporates, or leaves a mark? Mine was leaving a smudge mark.

It mostly evaporates, then is wiped clean by the other wiper passing over it. It is annoying for a few seconds though. Can't say it ever "smudges" though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back