Thickest 15w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you concerned about viscosity and not the over all package? A really thick oil with no certifications or weak additive package will not protect as well as a fully formulated oil with builder approvals and certifications.

The Walmart Supertech 15w40 is fine as well as any name brand HDEO like Rotella.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Why are you concerned about viscosity and not the over all package? A really thick oil with no certifications or weak additive package will not protect as well as a fully formulated oil with builder approvals and certifications.

The Walmart Supertech 15w40 is fine as well as any name brand HDEO like Rotella.

That concerns me also. Just all of the oils walmart and tsc sell are all national brand names. Just looking for the thickest oil as I have a truck that leaks it alot and the little bit I use it dont justify paying to have new seals.

Originally Posted By: dieselfarmboy
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

That concerns me also. Just all of the oils walmart and tsc sell are all national brand names. Just looking for the thickest oil as I have a truck that leaks it alot and the little bit I use it dont justify paying to have new seals.
Try an oil with seal conditioners in it.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
"The thickest 15W-40" is like "the slowest fastball"

What is wrong with 20w-50?

+1
Or a high milage 10/15w40. Heck even Maxlife 20w50 since it's sunmer there, 20w50 Maxlife has completely stopped every seepage around my engine

Or just add a couple liters of three dollar SAE 50 HDMO at OCI time, or for a top-up.
I would stick with the same brand, and only as a 3-season solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back