replacment for discontinued part does it track

Status
Not open for further replies.
My jeep has a ccv system for crankcase vapor removal.Its a 97 with a 2.5 that I picked up as a basket case. The metered orifice was missing from the rig. And jeep discontinued it .

On the 4.0 there is a ccv elbow that has a .060 orifice and goes direct to manifold vac

I have no idea what the 2.5 was.
If a 4.0 6 cyl needs a .060 would a 2.5 with an .040 orifice sound about right?
I have a 1/8 barb with jb weld curing in it as we speek.

No. The 2.5 and 4.0 have different ccv systems. The 4.0 has a front and rear ccv push in elbows with the rear one metered.
The 2.5 has a front metered barb threaded into the drivers side of the valve cover, and a rear push in elbow that vents to the intake tube

.050 would probably be closer if you're assuming a linear increase in flow from 2.5 to 4 liters, remember your geometry, pi x radius squared.

If your hole is too big it will idle high, if it's too small you'll find oil in the fresh air vent side of things from blowby.

That's kinda what I'm doing, I'm filling a barb fitting with jb and then drilling it back out with a number 60 bit... or maybe another size

Currently its pukeing oil in the intake. I'd like to stop that

Originally Posted By: hansj3
No. The 2.5 and 4.0 have different ccv systems.

The one I linked was listed for a 2.5. I didn't know if you had a Cherokee or Wrangler, so I looked it up for a 2.5 Cherokee. Might want to take a minute and go to Rock Auto and look up your exact application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back