I went to clean my K&N air filter today and.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Throt
I've been thinking about getting one, are they really worth the 50 bucks?

No!
31.gif

Originally Posted By: Neely97
I was having an oil change done on my company vehicle a few years back at a fast oil change place they contracted with .

Another customer dropped his Dodge Cummins off for lube and air-filter , he told the shop manager there is a new air filter in the tools box and please use it.

I watched them service the Cummins, the mechanic took the air-filter from the tool box , and it turned out to be an extremely dirty used filter .
The jerk manager had the used dirty filter installed , they did not even call the guy to tell him

Well the manager to EXACTLY as the customer requested.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
He sure did you a favor by installing a higher efficiency cellulose filter. Sounds like a good shop.

Guy gets ripped off and you think it was a favor? Your an idiot.

Originally Posted By: Falken
The guy saved you a boatload of engine wear if you didn't look at the thing for 2 years.

But, theft is theft...

Engine longevity has decreased BOATLOADS since K&N air filters came out, right? gimme a break.

Originally Posted By: Joe1
The plot has thickened. When I had it serviced, I requested an oil change with the Mobil 1 and OEM Subaru filter l supplied .

This marked the first time someone other than me changed the oil on this vehicle since it was purchased new in 05.

I had a Fumoto valve installed..... Can anybody guess what is installed there now? I am at a loss for words.

You need to do your own service.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
That ain't cool at all.
But I'm no fan of K&N either
Filters are pretty cheap and if it flows a bunch more air it most likely flows a bunch more dirt!

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/kn-vs-oem-filter.html

Another blind reference to the 2009 Duramax Diesel test where K&N had a 96% efficiency vs the top performer AC Delco at 99%. One filter for one make and model extrapolated to encompass every vehicle on the road.

Last edited:
Not really. I'm sure the 2009 Duramax owners were happy.
I make over 400 products and they have been on the market since 1981. I know all too well what goes on and the loyalty to products people have and no matter what you say it won't float.

I also see the tricks of comparing apples to oranges. What I presented is like anything written. You have to discern what it really means and if it matters to you.

Plus it was not a " blind reference" at all. It was a "in your face reference" if anything.

To each his own.
If K&N's float your boat, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back