Can I use in Honda GCV160 engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino
It'll work fine (overkill), but you'll have to park your lawnmower across two spaces in your garage.
laugh.gif

LOL!!

I'll have to back my mower into the garage (fancy park it).

Originally Posted By: Drosselmier
Originally Posted By: eljefino
It'll work fine (overkill), but you'll have to park your lawnmower across two spaces in your garage.
laugh.gif

Why would he need 2 parking spaces for a lawn mower ?

Guys that drive BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, Audi, etc., think their cars are just too cool. They take up multiple parking spots at the mall, drive really fast, drive up on people's rears, think they own the road, etc. The BMW owners really take the "Ultimate Driving Machine" saying to heart.

I've even seen some BMW drivers drive around town with their driving gloves, LOL.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Synthetic 5w30 performs drastically different from conventional 5w30 in air cooled engines in the hot summer heat.

It does ?

Yes, it does.

Both act just like any 30W oil at water cooled engine temperatures.

At the higher air-cooled engine temperatures in hot weather, the conventional 30's will get thinner than the synthetic 30's. They do not thin out as much because they are not really oil, the synthetic esthers and whatnot have different chemical properties at higher temperatures than oil.

Think of synthetic vs conventional as being like water and molasses. Water is practically the same viscosity at near freezing as near boiling. Molasses, not so much.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Synthetic 5w30 performs drastically different from conventional 5w30 in air cooled engines in the hot summer heat.

It does ?

Use conventional 5W30 here and you will topping off your engine with about 1 ounce of oil per hour of run time. Use a synthetic 5W30 and you can mow for practically the entire season without the oil even dropping on the dipstick. So yes, there is a drastic difference between conventional and synthetic 5W30 when used in hot temperatures in air cooled engines.

Synthetic is good, but if I was in Florida like bubbatime, I would just use SAE30. Actually I do use SAE30 in my small engines that run only in the Summer.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
Synthetic is good, but if I was in Florida like bubbatime, I would just use SAE30. Actually I do use SAE30 in my small engines that run only in the Summer.

0W-30, 5W-30, 10W-30, SAE30, it's all 30 weight at operating temperature so no matter.

Originally Posted By: stchman

0W-30, 5W-30, 10W-30, SAE30, it's all 30 weight at operating temperature so no matter.

have you heard of HTHS?

Originally Posted By: stchman

LOL which operating temperature, water cooled auto engines in any climate, or air cooled OPE engines in Florida?

Two different questions, two different answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back