1998 Daewoo Leganza

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. What kind of vehicle you have
1998 Daewoo Leganza 2.2 (GM engine T22SED or C22SED, I don't know)

2. What your owner's manual says

5W30 or 10W30 or 10W40

3. Where you live
Poland, Europe.

4. What your daily drive is like (short trips? long trips? city? highway?)
Mostly short trips (up to 10-15 km)

6. Whether your car has any known problems
A minor leak from oil pan and (I suppose) stuck piston rings. No problems with cylinder head (rebuilt a few months ago). Current oil is GM 15W40.

What OCI do you recommend? Manual says "10 000 km or 12 months, half of that in severe conditions"

And what do you think about this oil: http://www.shell.com/global/products-ser...ro-av-5w30.html ? Is it worth to pay more for http://www.shell.com/global/products-ser...-am-l-5w30.html ? Is there any difference between the OCIs between those two oils?

I think that the engine needs a flush. Can I trust the Amsoil flush?

Amsoil makes very good products so I would trust their flush product....I suppose you are using this 'flush' to free up stuck rings?...if so there may be better products for that purpose.

PS: Those 2 Shell oils look to be excellent....possibly the same as PP and PU here. If so they are very good for cleaning.

How much do those oils cost in Poland?

In Poland almost everything is available - most of Shell products (Pennzoil equivalents), Mobil, Castrol, even Amsoil. Shell from the first link costs about 20 PLN;/litre - 5,40$/litre! (but that's a special discount). Second one costs about 30 PLN; (8$), Mobil oils are priced at the same level. Amsoil oils costs even 50-60 PLN;/quart (up to 15$)

PS: So what do you recommend to free up ringa? Is there something better for this purpose?

Originally Posted By: EWPE
PS: So what do you recommend to free up ringa? Is there something better for this purpose?

Yea.....before next oil change....just pour in some diesel oil (1-2dcl) for a short time/trip...it will clean your engine!

Than use synthetic oil ( shell is good )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back