Chemical Guys Jetseal or another Sealant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ryanschillinger
Don't use a cleaner wax before clay bar or sealant. You would do better to have just clay barred, wash again to remove residue, then apply sealant.

Okay. This brings me around almost full circle. Thanks for your help.

Subscribed.

Jetseal looks like a decent product. I might give it a try myself, although I've been happy with Collinite 845, 476, and Rejex. But if it lasts longer and offers better UV protection I'm in.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Subscribed.

Jetseal looks like a decent product. I might give it a try myself, although I've been happy with Collinite 845, 476, and Rejex. But if it lasts longer and offers better UV protection I'm in.

I ordered a 16 oz bottle which will arrive today per Amazon's 1 day shipping on orders over 35 dollars. Anyway, I also ordered Mother's Clay kit and Chemical Guy's microfiber applicator pads. I plan to get started on prep right away. I will post my procedures and results as I go if anyone is interested. I won't be using a cleaner wax since clay barring removes the previous wax coat as well as airborne pollutants.

Last edited:
Still formulating this so here is what I have so far.

1. No- Rinse Wash/ Dry
2. Trix Tar and Iron Remover
3. Mother's Clay Bar
4. Griot's Garage Paint Prep (to remove everything)
5. No- Rinse Wash/ Dry
6. Jetseal Sealant Coat

Anything you see? Thanks
grin.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2civics
So preparation to use a high end sealant...

1. Wash with dish soap.
2. Cleaner Wax.
3. Clay Bar
4. Sealant (Let set for 20+ minutes depending on product directions.)

Sound right?

You're close, but missed a couple of steps. Try this -

1. Wash with dawn
2. Iron-X
3. Clay
4. Polish
5. Seal
6. Wax

Ed

Originally Posted By: Mr_Accord
Has anyone tried the Klasse twins?

AIO is still a relevant product, but SG is obsolete. SG is a PITA to apply and remove. There are much better products out there to take its place.

Strangely enough, I use AIO on all my household fiberglass, acrylic, and enamel. It works really well.

Originally Posted By: Ed_Flecko

1. Wash with dish soap.
2. Cleaner Wax.
3. Clay Bar

Sound right?

1. Wash with dawn
2. Iron-X
3. Clay
4. Polish
5. Seal
6. Wax

Ed

Still formulating this so here is what I have so far.

1. No- Rinse Wash/ Dry
2. Trix Tar and Iron Remover *Replaces Iron X
3. Mother's Clay Bar
4. Griot's Garage Paint Prep (to remove everything) *Strips wax so no need for dish liquid. I had this as #2, so maybe I move it back up?
5. No- Rinse Wash/ Dry
6. Jetseal Sealant Coat

For number 4 are you thinking a cleaner polish? Do I have enough products to do the trick without this step?
coffee2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer

AIO is still a relevant product, but SG is obsolete. SG is a PITA to apply and remove. There are much better products out there to take its place.

Strangely enough, I use AIO on all my household fiberglass, acrylic, and enamel. It works really well.

Use less, the sg on needs a very thin coating, if you get it on too thick its a pain to remove. Its easy to apply and remove. I usually do one coat and the next day i do one more and it lasts 6 months.

Originally Posted By: spasm3

Use less, the sg on needs a very thin coating, if you get it on too thick its a pain to remove. Its easy to apply and remove. I usually do one coat and the next day i do one more and it lasts 6 months.

And that's why there are better products out there. If I don't obsessively apply the right amount of SG, it costs me an afternoon removing it. If I don't obsessively apply some other, equally effective, sealer, all it costs me is whatever extra product I've used.

Not worth obsessing over application when there is other alternatives.

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer

So what are better alternatives to Klasse. I agree you have to be careful applying the SG as it can be a huge PITA to remove think coats. There are so many paint sealants out there. I have been happy with Klasse but I'm always looking for something more durable and long lasting to protect during the winter months.

I have used rejex sealant before many times. The key is too get the surface really clean and use a clay bar. Rejex goes on easy and comes off about the same as any other wax. My experience is that Rejex lasts almost a year on your cars paint. Now on the windshield I would say it lasts up to 3-4 months. For best results, you must keep the car dry for 8-12 hours so the sealant cures to the paint. You can apply a second coat if needed. We use it to go on vacation. You can just spray a hose the bugs come right off. The cons are that in my opinion it is not as shiny gloss look as some waxes. But you get a durable protection. Great for wheels too..

I liked it just fine. My only objection was to the price. It's extra smooth on the surface if that's important to you.

The high quality easy to apply fairly priced sealants in no particular order are Collinite 845, Klasse twins and Duragloss with hardener. Most people would include Meguire's Ultimate. I'm sure I forgot a couple. Move up in price and there are several others, of which Jetseal is one.

Remember: It has nanotechnology!

PS yes, Collinite is a sealant. There is no clear dividing line on what constitutes a wax or a sealant. Collinite prefers to call its product a wax for marketing reasons, but there are plenty of weird chemicals in there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BlackHawk1
Jetseal didn't hold a candle to Collinite in my experience. I have a bottle of JS that I gave away.

Collinite 476?

Originally Posted By: Ed_Flecko

1. Wash with dish soap.
2. Cleaner Wax.
3. Clay Bar

Sound right?

1. Wash with dawn
2. Iron-X
3. Clay
4. Polish
5. Seal
6. Wax

Ed

It doesn't sound like he's concerned about appearance, so a wash (rinseless or traditional) --> clay (or clay substitute such as Nanoskin) --> sealant is all that he will need.

Iron-X would be nice to do but is probably not relevant for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back