Fiat/Chrysler to buy back pickups

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jeep recall is a joke. It passed all the rules back in the day.
21.gif

Good my truck is not included, I don't want to give my Ram back. I'd have to wait another 8 weeks to special order the same truck!

Wow, that is a lot of trucks. It's hard to believe that they couldn't come up with a solid repair/retrofit that cost less than a buyback. I hope the owners are properly compensated.

The Jeeps should be recalled. It's a bad design that could've been easily avoided. Every time I see one on the road I shake my head. I know their owners love them and all but driving one of those stock is a huge liability.

It's interesting, because the NHTSA is forcing them to buy the trucks back after they were not able to repair them, but then Chrysler is apparently allowed to repair them and sell them as used vehicles.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/07/2...uy-back-500000/

It does seem that Chrysler and the NHTSA have had a tenuous relationship as of late. I got the feeling that NHTSA was never satisfied with how Chrysler handled the recall of the Jeeps with the fuel fire risk.

diesel fuel heater connector recall on my truck, i scheduled 1 month in advance to come in and get it done on a saturday. i show up very punctual, and they do not have my appointment "in the system" and they dont work on diesels on saturdays. too bad mine is a 2wd and probably not covered by the buyback.

Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
FIAT= Fix It Again Tony

Was Fiat in any way involved in designing this vehicles? Don't think so. They are either leftovers from Mercedes or Chryslers' own designs.

Originally Posted By: chrisri
Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
FIAT= Fix It Again Tony

Was Fiat in any way involved in designing this vehicles? Don't think so. They are either leftovers from Mercedes or Chryslers' own designs.

I believe this would be the Cerberus era Chryslers.

So basically now an US government agency demands pulling out from the market products that were made by the company that doesn't exist today in legal terms. That same government that made a sell of now defunct company to a new owners now wish the new owners to be accounted for products that were designed and manufactured while company was de facto in their hands.
Brilliant!

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
It's interesting, because the NHTSA is forcing them to buy the trucks back after they were not able to repair them, but then Chrysler is apparently allowed to repair them and sell them as used vehicles.

"Owners also have the option of getting them repaired, the agency said in documents released Sunday."

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
The Jeep recall is a joke. It passed all the rules back in the day.
21.gif

Agreed. Let NHTSA Have FORD recall all those early junk Mustangs for the same problem!

Originally Posted By: wirelessF
I was googling dodge death wobble and they can't still fix the issue or redesign a proper front end after 10+ years? Even new Rams are still prone to death wobble? It's not Chrysler only, any vehicle that uses a solid front axle and Ford is still prone to death wobble too.

Only way to fix it is to go IFS.
So that's why they can't fix it. Interesting, though the bigger stuff was all solid axle, the M151 Ford post Korean War was swing axles at both ends. That was tricky for it's own reasons. Those Ford jeeps were thought to be so dangerous that the surplus disposal units cut them in half before selling them as scrap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back