Was out in a Charger Hellcat today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: grampi
How long can this vehicle's drivetrain hold up with this much power? I'm guessing not very long...

Well, It's covered for 5 years and 100k miles, so it should be ok for a bit...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
How long can this vehicle's drivetrain hold up with this much power? I'm guessing not very long...

Well, It's covered for 5 years and 100k miles, so it should be ok for a bit...

LOL!!!!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Rat407
What? BITOG forum and not one question on what kind of oil he uses and how often it is going to get changed? LOL

Whatever it calls for (which the dealer stocks), which I believe is a SOPUS product. OCI, I have no idea, probably just by the OLM.

Until the owner runs the car into a telephone pole.

Originally Posted By: CT8

Or the tranny or engine scatters from the driver ragging on it all the time...

If they are built right, that shouldn't happen.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Chrysler is known for having problems with their auto trannies, pumping 700+ HP through them isn't going to make them more reliable...

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Agreed. There are more than a few examples of a "sour grapes" attitudes being displayed in this topic...

Its a ZF gearbox pops, if your going to complain at least do it about the right thing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Its a ZF gearbox pops, if your going to complain at least do it about the right thing.

Exactly.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Looks like a nice winter beater for you in a few years...
wink.gif

HAHAHHA!

Yep, the Hellcat is All-American Muscle!
Except for the fact that its made in Canada....
And it has a Mercedes suspension....
And a ZF German transmission....
But at least its an all-American company Dodge-Chrysler... Oh wait, its owned by Fiat, and the CEO is an Italian guy named Sergio Marchionne....

Well OK then if we put the Hellcat engine in a:

fiat-500-blue.jpg

Then at least we could get better 1/4 mile times... er, I mean 0.4023 km time!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: surfstar
So, its about as fast as a Telsa?

28.gif

wink.gif

0-60 probably. But it has a MUCH higher top speed AFAIK.

Chrysler is known for having problems with their auto trannies, pumping 700+ HP through them isn't going to make them more reliable...

It's the same ZF 8-speed used in the BMW 7-series, thge Bentley Flying Spur (behind a twin-turbo W12), Rolls-Royce Phantom, Maserati Quattroporte, and neew Range Rovers.

Originally Posted By: ExMachina
Yep, the Hellcat is All-American Muscle!
Except for the fact that its made in Canada....
And it has a Mercedes suspension....
And a ZF German transmission....
But at least its an all-American company Dodge-Chrysler... Oh wait, its owned by Fiat, and the CEO is an Italian guy named Sergio Marchionne....

Many muscle cars and parts were built in Canada (351 Windsor, anyone). The transmission is made in Kokomo, Indiana, the suspension has not one single Mercedes part. The CEO of FCA is a Canadian citizen. (Note that the man who saved Chrysler was a first-generation American, the son of Italian immigrants!)

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

Many muscle cars and parts were built in Canada (351 Windsor, anyone). The transmission is made in Kokomo, Indiana, the suspension has not one single Mercedes part. The CEO of FCA is a Canadian citizen. (Note that the man who saved Chrysler was a first-generation American, the son of Italian immigrants!)

I didn't ZF had a plant in Kokomo to make the trannies. Engineered in Germany probably though.

Also, when the Chrysler-Dodge LX platform came out back in the 2005 model year, it borrowed a lot of Mercedes suspension components and still does:

"The LX platform is Chrysler's full-size rear wheel drive automobile platform for the mid part of the first decade of the 21st century. The LX was developed in America to supersede the previous Chrysler LH platform, which had been designed to allow it to be easily upgraded to rear and all-wheel drive. Many Mercedes components were incorporated, including the Mercedes-Benz W220 S-class control arm front suspension, the Mercedes-Benz W211[1] E-Class 5-link rear suspension, the firewall and floor pan, the W5A580 5-speed automatic, the rear differential, and the ESP system. The LX cars are built at Brampton Assembly in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. The European variant and all RHD models were built in Graz, Austria by Magna Steyr from June 2005 until 2010, where they carried the platform designation of LE." --- wikipedia summary of what many of us have know for a while....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back