Fiat/Chrysler to buy back pickups

Status
Not open for further replies.
More of that awesome Mopar "quality"...

And, yes - reported in multiple sources.

Last edited:
It's horrifying how bad they're messing up. I like some of their products, but their track is enough to keep me away for good.

Chrysler stands for Company Highly Recommends You Start Learning Engine Repair.

Love the styling on many Mopars new and old, but I have never ever been impressed with the quality control. I have gambled twice on older Mopars and lucked out, but I know many people that have not.

NHTSA’s consent agreement with Fiat Chrysler requires the automaker to offer to buy back the following models that are under recall:

278,229 vehicles recalled on February 6, 2013 because of a defect that may cause the axle to lock:

2009 model year Chrysler Aspen

2009 model year Dodge Durango

2009-2012 model years Dodge Ram 1500

2009-2011 model years Dodge Dakota

36,710 vehicles recalled on November 6, 2013 because of a defect that may cause the driver to lose steering power and crash:

2008-2012 model years Dodge Ram 4500

2008-2012 model years Dodge Ram 5500

265,057 vehicles recalled on November 6, 2013, to repair and replace steering linkages that may cause the driver to lose steering power and crash:

2008 model year Dodge Ram 1500

2008-2012 model years Dodge Ram 2500

2008-2012 model years Dodge Ram 3500

http://www.freep.com/story/money/2015/07/26/fiat-chrysler-nhtsa-fine-recalls/30693265/

I was googling dodge death wobble and they can't still fix the issue or redesign a proper front end after 10+ years? Even new Rams are still prone to death wobble? It's not Chrysler only, any vehicle that uses a solid front axle and Ford is still prone to death wobble too.

Only way to fix it is to go IFS.

LOL waiting for the Chrysler fanboys to come out of the woodwork and defend their beloved brand which should've been killed off instead of bailed out. hurr durr "why didn't Toyota die in their massive recall" butthurt loltards

Geez FCA you are in the hot seat now. You deserve all the bashing and bad press.

Interested to know how many people are going to buy up all the biggest piles of junk in my area and turn them in for a nice tidy buy back profit.

Have not seen too many issues with the Rams around here,

but the Jeeps are a different story! Wife wants a Compass, thinking not now......
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Interested to know how many people are going to buy up all the biggest piles of junk in my area and turn them in for a nice tidy buy back profit.

They'll prolly only get KBB value which will be nill once it rolls off the dealer's lot.

"The trucks, which are the company's top-selling vehicle, have defective steering parts that can cause drivers to lose control, and some previous repairs have been unsuccessful."

Defective steering parts? What kind of defective steering parts? Which years were affected?

Hello, Allow me to repeat myself.

"I'd rather be fitted with an outdated, unwashed, artificial heart hacked from the chest of an AlQuida operative with a different blood type than me than own a MOPAR, RAM or any other vehicle they make.

FCA should make septic tanks and garbage cans.....oh wait, they already do! Kira

I thought is would be the antique stuff but a 2009-2012 has lots of value left. This sounds very $$$$.

The new Isis war truck
smile.gif
recalled dodge trucks purchased for pennies on the dollar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back