Brand New 2016 Miata Totaled in Less Than 1 Mile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parts car!
smile.gif

I drove to Florida a on the 17th and I counted six truckloads of new Miatas headed north.

When we bought our 4Runner, we were at the light leaving the dealership. I was at the front of the line. Light turns green and I look to my left and spot a truck towing a horse trailer coming down the road. It wasn't slowing down, so I didn't proceed through the light. The truck and trailer never stopped or even slowed down. I don't think the driver ever realized they ran the light. It could have been a bad day for us.

That had to be his worst nightmare come true. At least it seems to have ended well. Good advertising for Mazda too.

It's a mass-produced modern car, easily replaced.
All that matters is how the occupants fared in the accident.

Originally Posted By: cpayne5
When we bought our 4Runner, we were at the light leaving the dealership. I was at the front of the line. Light turns green and I look to my left and spot a truck towing a horse trailer coming down the road. It wasn't slowing down, so I didn't proceed through the light. The truck and trailer never stopped or even slowed down. I don't think the driver ever realized they ran the light. It could have been a bad day for us.

I was on the way home late last night from San Diego, we had yellow then red light and I stopped at the line a least 2-3 seconds after light turned red, then 2-3 seconds later a car on the right lane ran red light at normal speed of around 50 MPH. So that driver ran red light about 4-6 seconds after it turned red. The driver didn't know he/she was running red light.

Luckily there was only 1 car on the left making left turn very slowly and he/she avoided t-bone by being slow.

My friend Tony got t-boned at the same stop light only 6 months apart. Totalled 2 trucks. Both other vehicles were going 50 mph plus. I was like ..
What are the odds in that ?? Crazy.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
My friend Tony got t-boned at the same stop light only 6 months apart. Totalled 2 trucks. Both other vehicles were going 50 mph plus. I was like ..
What are the odds in that ?? Crazy.

Time for a new route!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back