Valvoline Instant Oil Change Pricing???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shrubitup
Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28

They must pay a living wage for someone

What compels anyone to pay unskilled labor a "living wage"? Are these humans just simply charity cases that deserve a wage that will allow them to live on the economy locally? Why not keep the wage low to hopefully encourage them to attain higher employment via training, certifications, or education?

Pay a living wage or pay welfare, one way or another you're going to pay. I'd rather at least get people into paying taxes. Now, you may wish to pay neither a living wage or welfare. What do people do then? Live outdoors and die? Now if you paid them a low minimum wage and sent them to school, now you're getting somewhere...

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
The conventional is in 55 gal drums and probably cost about 75 cents a quart.

You really think that? Well you would be wrong. Bulk oil isn't any cheaper than you or I can buy oil at Wal-Mart for.

Bulk oil is delivered by an oil company, that has to deliver it, pay it's employees, insurance, and fuel cost. You know, basic business expenses.

My father in law ran an oil change quick lube shop and his run of the mill, non name brand conventional SN bulk oils were more expensive than Wal-Mart SuperTech oils but less expensive than name brand oils purchased at Wal-Mart.

We're talking a huge nationwide company that can negotiate pricing on massive amounts of oil. Not a one man shop.

So yes I believe 75 cents a quart and probably about a buck for the cheap tiny oil filters they put on. The one they put on my vette was about half the length of a pf30

Originally Posted By: raytseng
Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21
Some people are just lazy. Some don't know how, others don't have time to do it themselves or just go for the whole package thing. My dad is a doctor but still will climb under his car on a Saturday to change the oil.

Well, there's also the guy who lives in an apartment without a garage or driveway and tools to do it...

True, but when I had an apartment with no garage, I'd go to a friend's and do it there with his tools or mine. I'm not putting down EVERYONE THAT DOES IT, but it is easy to tell the ones incapable and the ones that are lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back