Mobil Super Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pay less for pp and m1.
shop around next time.
nvm
didnt pay attention, the filter. Ocod? (Microgard)

Last edited:
It's made by E-M so obviously it's a quality product Gr. 3 synthetic. It's made to fill a niche below the flagship, Mobil 1.

I would have no problem running this oil 6 or 7K but for the price you could use Supertech syn. or Napa syn. and be just as well protected. Of the 3 I named I'd put the WPP made Supertech at the top of the list.

I would say that Mobil Super Synthetic took place of Exxon Superflo Synthetic when Exxon/Mobil discontinued that brand. Good, solid oil. If you're happy with the price that's all that matters. I'm sick of all these post where the replies are nothing but, "I paid less for blah blah blah", or, "It's cheaper at Wal Mart". Seriously, when did buying it cheap at Wal Mart suddenly improve the quality of the product?

Last edited:
You're missing the point. Mobil super synthetic at an auto parts store costs the same as mobil 1 at Walmart.

At least that's usually my point.

Why pay $26 for a jug of pyb at autozone when pp is $25 at Walmart or anywhere else?

I get the point, and I've bought oil at Wal Mart before and will again. Sometimes I'd rather just go to AAP, get my oil and filter for a few dollars more, and get out without having to fuss with WM's self checkout or waiting in one of the 3-4 open registers, even though they have 40 registers total and over 200 customers.

Originally Posted By: Red91
I get the point, and I've bought oil at Wal Mart before and will again. Sometimes I'd rather just go to AAP, get my oil and filter for a few dollars more, and get out without having to fuss with WM's self checkout or waiting in one of the 3-4 open registers, even though they have 40 registers total and over 200 customers.

Home Depot sometimes has 5-quart cheap walmart prices on M1.
Also Amazon has been price matching walmart on them recently, free shipping, no tax. Free shipping is when your order totals more than $35 I think.

I've only had one issue with one store matching an online price. I work shift work so if I go on there is usually before 7am.

I'm a bit of a price slut. If it's cheaper elsewhere that's where I go. I'm not loyal to anyone.

I also try to be helpful. Like some here on getting a good deal.

Walmart's website is so slow sometimes I think a trip to the store is easier.......... Saving A few $$$ sometimes is not worth it.

Originally Posted By: ExMachina

Home Depot sometimes has 5-quart cheap walmart prices on M1.
Also Amazon has been price matching walmart on them recently, free shipping, no tax. Free shipping is when your order totals more than $35 I think.

Amazon is starting to charge tax in more & more states. It's only a matter of time.

I would run M1 but since it doesn't have the Chrysler 6395 spec approval, I am playing it safe with my warranty on a brand new truck. Mobil Super Synthetic has that approval spec, M1 does not yet.

I found this a few months ago on sale at autozone for $4 a quart. Wife's car was due for a change, so in it went. Did a little looking into it and found that in some ways it is a very good oil for our Arizona climate. It seems to have a higher boron content than m1, also a higher flashpoint. Decided to use for my car as the dino Mobil super seemed to discolor rapidly after 2k in 110+ temps. At 6500 miles, mss seems to be holding up fine in the extreme conditions I am using it in. Will change it out before the recommended 8k oci as what I am doing warrants extra caution imo.

Wife's car also seems to run a little quieter compared to the pyb that was in it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back