Lubegard Red & Dex VI , OK or Not??

Status
Not open for further replies.
What vehicle are we talking about?

Just knowing that it takes Dex VI I'd say go ahead and Do it.

I have it in my wife's 2004 Nissan Xterra that calls for Dex III or Nissan Type (something), the Valvoline High Mileage Dex/Merc works like a champ in it.

Now that I think of it I have Lubegard Red in all my vehicles, 2002 Ford Taurus, Nissan Xterra, Ford F150. I havent had any issues with any of them.
Considering I have 209k miles on the Taurus, 88k on the Xterra, and 115k miles on the F150 (much of it with a boat), and all original transmissions. I'd think I'm doing something alright.

Originally Posted By: Quadrasteer
Found a couple of old bottles of Lubegard red transmission protectant, would it do any harm to add it to my Dex VI?

You could and it may not do any harm but from what I know about DEXRON-VI, I wouldn't.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Found a couple of old bottles of Lubegard red transmission protectant, would it do any harm to add it to my Dex VI?

You could and it may not do any harm but from what I know about DEXRON-VI, I wouldn't.

Why not?? Vehicle is an '02 GMC Sierra Denali, I switched over a couple of years ago to IV, it cured my very slight overlap slippage sound that I had once in a while. Can't afford a new trans so if at all iffy there's no need to put it in.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf

Why not?? Vehicle is an '02 GMC Sierra Denali, I switched over a couple of years ago to IV, it cured my very slight overlap slippage sound that I had once in a while. Can't afford a new trans so if at all iffy there's no need to put it in.

The DEXRON-VI additive system is already an expertly balanced and thoroughly tested formulation, why would one want to add other chemicals to it without any real understanding of potential effects?

Go ahead and use both bottles in it, it helps with seals and cleaning the valve body. One of the few products that works better than advertised.

If the car was OE with Dex VI then true but an 02 was a DexIII unit and probably has some varnish and hardened seals.
Dex VI goes a long way in preventing this but doesn’t do much to clean existing deposits and varnish or real seal conditioners.

At best the Lubeguard will help clean it up and soften the seals at worst he wasted the product, it wont do any harm.

As long as it doesn't hurt anything, I have so many chemicals that I have collected over the years and I hate to throw them out...

Originally Posted By: Trav
If the car was OE with Dex VI then true but an 02 was a DexIII unit and probably has some varnish and hardened seals.
Dex VI goes a long way in preventing this but doesn’t do much to clean existing deposits and varnish or real seal conditioners.

At best the Lubeguard will help clean it up and soften the seals at worst he wasted the product, it wont do any harm.

+1 If it was a 15 Sierra I wouldn't bother but an 02 that was switched over I don't see the harm.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
The Lubegard won't hurt anything but i doubt it will make any difference either when added to DexronVI

Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back