SUS Viscosity @ 210 F 55.1

cSt Viscosity @ 100 C 8.81

Flashpoinf F 395

Fuel %
Antifreeze % 0

Water % 0

Insolubles % 0.2

TBN 4.1

Very strong TBN after 11k miles. This oil could go 15k-20k miles in this particular engine. Nice results.

Na is probably residule from prior oil used?

Originally Posted By: R80RS
What's going on with sodium? Is that part of the M1 EP add pack?

From the Blackstone comment section: "It looks like there might have been an oil change since your last sample, and we're guessing the oil used in the new fill didn't contain sodium as an additive like the Valvoline before it. That tells us that the sodium here is probably just residual from the Valvoline, not from the coolant."

ZDDP is too high for an SN oil, what exactly was used before it?

M1 EP consistently shows itself to be stout on here, I like the apparent shear resistance too.

Originally Posted By: k1rod
Originally Posted By: R80RS
What's going on with sodium? Is that part of the M1 EP add pack?

From the Blackstone comment section: "It looks like there might have been an oil change since your last sample, and we're guessing the oil used in the new fill didn't contain sodium as an additive like the Valvoline before it. That tells us that the sodium here is probably just residual from the Valvoline, not from the coolant."

That would explain a lot. Looks like a great report, and as others have said, there is still life left in that oil.

M1 Extended Performance

25.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KCJeep
ZDDP is too high for an SN oil, what exactly was used before it?

M1 EP consistently shows itself to be stout on here, I like the apparent shear resistance too.

I didn't even look at that. I just pulled the oil out of my stash for this oil change. Some of it has been there for a couple of years. But agreed, it doesn't look like an SN oil.

The oil used prior was regular Valvoline 5W-20 in the white bottle.

Originally Posted By: Hondacity
M1EP 5W20 better than M1EP 0W20?

Or is this 99% highway driving?

It was a mixture of around town and highway driving. Some of the highway driving was on roads where the average traffic speed was 90 mph and my engine was running at 4000 rpm for hours at a time.

It's an SN version of M1 EP based on mg/ca/boron and moly. Only weird reading is the ZDP. Na is from prior fill of Valvoline.

Here is another Mobil 1 EP UOA that shows the same high level of silicon. Strange...
Html:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3793291/2010_G37xS_Mobil-1_ESP_5W30_6,#Post3793291

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: k1rod
Here is another Mobil 1 EP UOA that shows the same high level of silicon. Strange...
Html:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3793291/2010_G37xS_Mobil-1_ESP_5W30_6,#Post3793291

Sorry, I meant Sodium not Silicon.

Originally Posted By: ExMachina
Wow that iron number is low for 11k miles! Nice! Even Toyotas and Hondas have trouble getting that good.

The recent Ford 4 cylinder engines seem to have very low wear metals even with extended OCI's. They even seem to exhibit this trait in the early oil changes when one might expect higher wear metals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back