Man killed in neighbouring town

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/latest_releases?sq_content_src=%2BdXJsPWh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJGZWJpenByZC5wb2xpY2UubnN3Lmdvdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGNDc1NzQuaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ%3D%3D

Small town of a couple thousand people tops.

Long story short...
guy opens garage in the morning to go to work, and a planted explosive device kills him.

That's very unfortunate.
But in this day and age, it could happen anywhere.
A Police investigation should discover the cause.

Worst part is, people get desensitized to hearing these stories.

From watching the Evening News, I think everyone is on drugs.

Originally Posted By: larryinnewyork
That's very unfortunate.
But in this day and age, it could happen anywhere.
A Police investigation should discover the cause.

Worst part is, people get desensitized to hearing these stories.

From watching the Evening News, I think everyone is on drugs.

On drugs, or in rehab
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Long story short...
guy opens garage in the morning to go to work, and a planted explosive device kills him.

I wonder who he wronged. Planted explosives are usually for organized crime type lessons -- highly visible act to serve as a lesson to others to stay in line.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Long story short...

I wonder who he wronged. Planted explosives are usually for organized crime type lessons -- highly visible act to serve as a lesson to others to stay in line.

Those were my thoughts also.
Someone planed this.

Originally Posted By: expat
Long story short...

Someone planed this.

Oh yes...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-24/suspicious-garage-explosion-kills-man-in-nsw/6645136

Originally Posted By: expat
Long story short...

Someone planed this.

+2

Rumourmill has it that it was over a neighbourhood dispute over noisy dogs.

These days I would not be surprised. The world has really seemed to go to the dogs over the past couple of decades. The owners are arrogant, believe that they are entitled to let the animals do anything they want, and disturbing, threatening, or attacking the neighbors is certainly included. The belligerence of these dog owners is nothing short of astounding. In the past dogs were treated as dogs and were kept under control and trained to some degree to behave at least while leashed in public. Now these pet owning boobs think nothing of letting their dogs run loose outside of their property and often times they will disturb, and attack the neighbors. When those innocent neighbors bring their dogs behavior to the owners attenton they often times get threatened by the owners themselves. I just filed charges against an idiot neighbor because he sicked his "pet/protection" dog on me in the middle of the street and the thing, even with me using a pole to fend it off kept trying to move in to my legs and bite me. The moron owner then threatened to beat me to a pulp if I hit his mutt (which I did since it would have chomped on my leg if I didn't. The dog attacked in the middle of the street, I called LE and explained what happened, the idiot owner then proceeded to LIE to LE and tell them that I was trespassing on his property! Well that moron can perjurer himself in front of the judge. Hopefully he gets plenty of jail time for his actions.

Last edited:

I guess if you have strict gun control laws then a bomb will just have to do.

Originally Posted By: Trav

I guess if you have strict gun control laws then a bomb will just have to do.

And probably less chance of getting cought.

To quote a member of the Irish IRA back in the 70's
"Only hero's and fools kill with a gun"

expat, that's an interesting quote, and makes sense.

Looking more like a neighbourhood dispute (over barking dogs)

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/fatal-bomb-bla...725-gikcr2.html

Quote:
A neighbourhood dispute is being investigated by police as a possible trigger behind the bomb blast that killed a greyhound trainer on Friday.
John Burrows, 58, was killed by an explosion after he opened the garage door of his rear shed in Portland, in Central Western NSW.
As the small rural town awoke yesterday to the shock realisation that a man-made explosive device may have been deliberately detonated in their own community, police told residents that there was no suggestion of any "broader connotations" such as terrorism, adding that investigators were treating it as a "local, isolated incident".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back