Tires for the Silverado, Falken Wildpeak H/T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting new tires for the Silverado. The original tires are Goodyear Eagle LS-2 and they have 42K on them. They have been an OK tire, but they are getting pretty noisy.

Any rate, the local tire shop in my area (Plaza Tire) gave me a good deal (I think) for 4 new Falken Wildpeak H/T in 275 55 R20. They are going to give me lifetime balance, lifetime rotation, road hazard, and perform a front end alignment.

Total out the door for everything is $826.xx, is this a good deal?

I realize I can probably save a couple of bucks by going to Tire Rack or Discount Tire Direct, but then I would have to do the rotation(those tires and wheels are REALLY heavy) and I would have to deal with the tire company directly for road hazard or tire defects.

Thanks.

I get free rotate and balance on the tires I buy online and get mounted locally.

But, we recently got DT in my area, so they'll match almost any online deal.

Looks like they have some Pirelli Scorpian ATR'S for $745 or Nokian Rotiiva AT's for $857. Prob plus tax I'm guessing. I'm not sure how great the Falkens are.

http://www.plazatireservice.com/free-tire-quote/

No DT stores in your area? Until about a year ago there were none around here but they built a few locations here recently. So worth a shot to check their store locator.

Last edited:
DT has Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus for $713 after taxes less $70 manufac rebate = $643. Includes optional tpms rebuild kit for $32.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/cart/selectStore.do?productTypeId=1&v=024506%7C2013&r=MOKINT&storeCode=MOK-01&productId=29663

Update:

The local Costco in my area has Bridgestone Dueler Alenza H/L for $675 out the door with road hazard, free flat repair, lifetime balance and rotation. This price is with no alignment. From what I have read the Alenza is a better tire than the Falken.

I am in the process of asking Plaza Tire if they wish to match the price.

Looks like trouble, even at 7/32" tread. Yet another cheap tire where most of the siping in the tread starts to disappear as it wears.

mWakUxk6Gzx9Zj3nGMwLCmQ.jpg

Update:

Plaza Tire matched Costco's price on the Bridgestone Dueler Alenza H/L tires.

Reason I went with Plaza is they can do a front end alignment if needed, Costco does NOT do alignments and after 42K my truck probably needs an alignment.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Looks like trouble, even at 7/32" tread. Yet another cheap tire where most of the siping in the tread starts to disappear as it wears.

What kind of tire is that?

Those wildpeaks are a terrible tire! I battled with americas tire over mine.they were down to only 4 grooves but still had about 14/32's of tread left. Downright dangerous on wet roads like that.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Those wildpeaks are a terrible tire! I battled with americas tire over mine.they were down to only 4 grooves but still had about 14/32's of tread left. Downright dangerous on wet roads like that.

I'm going to get the Dueler Alenza tires over the Falken tires.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

Looks like plenty of siping left to me.

The Goodyear SRA 265/60/20 E-Rated 16/32 m+s tread 10.6X32.5" work very well and are cheap.
OK on 8.5 and 9X20 wheels.

These are the stock tires on 2500 Chev and GMCs.

Originally Posted By: stchman
Update:

Reason I went with Plaza is they can do a front end alignment if needed, Costco does NOT do alignments and after 42K my truck probably needs an alignment.

Are you basing your alignment decision solely on your mileage, or are there any other indicators of misalignment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back