Powercurve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this stuff on Performance TV on Fox sports network while waiting for my own product product to be featured on the same show.

http://powercurve.net/xp-12/

The MSDS on the stuff does not show Zinc so I wonder what it is exactly. Maybe we will get a VOA on the stuff one of these days on it.

http://powercurve.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/MSDSFormulaXP12.pdf

Pricing looks a bit on the high side on some of these products, I use ZDDPMax myself with my bypass set up, been happy with it.

The demo looked good on Performance TV with the bearing test but again the price seems a bit high. I was impressed with there air conditioner additive.

Arbitrary fix-all additives are dangerously playing chemist by adding something you don't know the composition of...to something else you don't know the composition of...for use in machinery you don't know every defined engineering specification of...in the hopes of making things better...

...without measuring it.

Gonna be a heck of a job convincing me to pay for a gamble.
Stick to regular ZDDP if you want something that, at the very least, has numbers and a history to show something.

Looks like zmax to me.
I've tried zmax and it did nothing. The bearing test here made me laugh. What exactly does rubbing a spinning bearing against a stationary one have to do with diesel fuel. And the guy in the video should have spent a few bucks and had someone qualified to read those cue cards.
Funny video for sure.
Try it out. Report back if anything good happened.

Maybe it is ester based, or uses something like the Akzo 9233 Ket Jen Lube polymer formula??
21.gif

NO solids seems to imply NO moly, or boron either, unless they consider organic, soluble moly as not a solid?

Quote:
XP-12 quote - Will NOT change lubrication viscosity or other additive packages

How is this possible? Is there some king of carbon ball nano technology that allows this additive to mimic the additive package in the regular oil?

I've been in the industrial chemical business for over 30 years. Within the past few years, I've been noticing some new technologies coming out that really seem to work. I can definitely see how Z-Max and XP-12 could work. Nanoparticles in an oil based carrier can bond to the metal. I've been doing some of this with stainless steel and the results are real. Not my formulations, using products developed by others.

I'm skeptical but always hopeful.

By the way, my father was a corrosion engineer and believed wholeheartedly in Moly. I remember him adding some to oil in an 8hp Briggs engine back in the early '70s. Ran it a while, drained the oil and cranked it back up. I think it ran out of gas and was still running fine. Did the experiment here at the house.

I agree the nanoparticles are a interesting development. Running Archoil AR9100 in about all of our engines. The cleaning part interested me because most of our stuff has wear and buying used they always come dirty it seems. It seems to have slicked up the old 429 Lima engine in the 1989 F700 truck because the starter seems to turn it faster now. I have it in the 454 in the motorhome but it has not been on the road running AR9100. It is doing a good job of cleaning up a dirty 2007 Dodge 3.7L V6 and a 2002 Dodge 1500 360/5.9L truck engine. I have added it to the power steering system on the 1976 Massey Fuguson 265 tractor after we flushed the system for the first time. Put 1 oz to the gallon in the John Deere 310B backhoe 22 gallon hydraulics. It use in very heavy equipment being their main business caught my attention. I expect more science will show up in lubricates. One thing that caught my attention when we changed the oil for the second time in the Dodge 1500 was there was NO knocking/ticking hear while the filter was filling before the oil pressure gauge showed any oil pressure. Not sure if it was due to the AR9100 still being on the surface of the rather warm engine or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back