Archoil products

Status
Not open for further replies.
one more:

a bench test on 5 engines: as 20 hours initial break-in cycle.
6 different compounds, engines was treated, the run without oil, in break-in cycle.

http://www.zr.ru/content/articles/440256...vogo_vkladysha/

shortly:
201205241459_8_no_copyright.png

yellow star where it dies, and treated composition; 1st engine untreated; VERT-RPM; HORiZ - running time in min

overall 1 hour at 4000 rpm without drop of oil; of course all die due to friction overheating, but 60 min long ....

and seems suprotec and archoil not the same, but similar ... suprotec some greenish liquid, with 3 times treatment process.

@ Edhackett
Other than the ground serpentine at 1.5% WT/vol, the base oil contained no additives. The base oil was SN 500 mineral oil.

There are actually many references (from different labs) for ground serpentine and ground silica as oil additives. As long as the particle size is below about 10 microns, every paper observed less surface abrasion than virgin base oil alone. I'm surprised...

Thanks a lot GMorg. Several people here, have been tring to explain this, to Molakule, over a period of 3-5 years.

I guess he should now take an extra look at it.

However, for his defence, I guess that he has never owned a vehicle with a worn out engine/transmission.

That should be one of the first lessions, if one wants to learn somethings about what is working, or not.

Again, sitting behind a desk, calculating what is possible or not, will never be accurate.

However, paper-tigers will always be telling the opposite.

And of course, since they sit behind a desk all day, they are very clever with words.

It doesn't make their ideas more correct, anyway.

Last edited:
I'm still not convinced that ground minerals are useful in a fully formulated oil. However, under certain conditions, they can be useful in a virgin, Group I oil.

I snooped around in the literature a little more. It seems that most, if not all, of the papers are from Chinese labs. In my field, that means that a little extra scrutiny is warranted.

If ground minerals are so great, why aren't benefits being described from labs around the world? This stuff may be great, but the jury is still out for me.

I think that most of AR9100 text reads like marketing jibberish. It seems like they are trying to use language to imply that they are using borate esters, which can have a place in an oil formulation. However they seem to be using potassium borate (borax, the grit found in some cleaning preparations) suspended in an ester.

Perhaps the ester or the "nanoborate" can have a place in an oil formulation. However, I think that is would be a mistake to assume that you can add any of the Archoil products and improve an otherwise good oil.

Anyone that uses these products and finds them useful should make their own decisions. I am not yet convinced that any of the solids, however small, are miracle additives.

I am convinced that exhaust gases are the major source of heat in a head and that an oil additive is not going to reduce combustion temperatures.

Originally Posted By: GMorg

I am convinced that exhaust gases are the major source of heat in a head and that an oil additive is not going to reduce combustion temperatures.

GMorg I agree about exhaust gases being a major source of heat in a head but I do not follow your logic in the rest of the quote above.

Is your engine consuming a lot of motor oil pass the rings?

Where do you get the idea that AR9100 claims to reduce combustion temperatures?

Serpentine working as extra-ultra fine abrasive, simply polish a surface, the result more smooth surface shifting curve for lower fric. coeff.

1 worn untreated surface
2 worn treated surface
1436899052_02.jpg

3 different technique in common to move from rough to smooth surface and therefore shifting curve:
abrasion - serpentine, e.t.c.
metal plating -
polimers or layered compounds - mos2, etc

mechanical loss (vertical in H.m) vs rotation speed in engine over 110K kilometers old; black - untreated; red - treated by LM MOS2:
1437056775_table_04_1.jpg

Again a major effect appears for a worn engine. When engine working at low rotation, below 2000 rpm. Above 2000 usually we see a hydrodynamic lubrication. Therefore the most efficient rpm range is, when additives most efficiency work and do the job, below 2000.

Conclusively, a person with city stop/go traffic will have the most from an additive where highway user a least.

Last edited:
A dark side.

in overall how exactly the mineral react with metal is unknown,
some hypotheses i wouldn't tell .. Due to multiple factors in overall the reaction produce a controversial result. ( can be positive or negative)

finally: unpredicted result, unknown of process, and impossible to control due to multiple variation completely abandon of usage this material as additive.

I did mention about archoil 9300 a few post earlier, As I said product do 2 things: polished a surface, so it has an abrasion effect, and involve a chemical reaction to create a film in the area of boundary lubrication ( when 2 nano mountains shred each other and produced energy trigger a reaction)

In attempt to order it ... oops , the product do not distributed over regular consumer channels, only auto Technicians etc able to get it.

( does anyone knows Auto Technician, in my area, who can observe cylinder wall by bore-scope, and professionally conclude engine status ?)

Originally Posted By: jonny-b
Thanks a lot GMorg. Several people here, have been tring to explain this, to Molakule, over a period of 3-5 years.

I guess he should now take an extra look at it.

Please feel free to elaborate and clarify.

What specific OTC additive are you referring to?

With regard to Potassium borate esters, they are commonly used as secondary EP additives in gear lubes and function as low-temp EP additives.

Some borate ester are used as AW addiitves in MO's as well.

Last edited:
great thread.. I have been seeing the Archoil product being touted by Bill Hewitt at powerstrokehelp.com site.. he mentions and shows both oil and fuel additive as being a great help for diesel engines especially the 6.0L ford engines that develop issues with oil and the injectors.

I know of a few folks with the 6.0L engines that after using just the additives noticed a nice difference in starting, running and with time better MPG.

DR ADMIN,, the info you presented above showing before and after treatment, are you referring to archoil treatment in the oil only or both oil and fuel..

thanks

I have the 7.3L with 170K and plan to add the products when i do oil change later this year.

One question.. with a oil bypass filter, FS2500, will that strip the additive out of the oil over time?? the filter are rated for 3 microns.

Last edited:
I don't really understand those pictures, is that a good thing and why? Can anyone explain what it shows and why it makes a difference? It appears to show the surface is smoother, but does that help "something" at those relative levels?

And is that an Archoil product or something else? It doesn't say and people are discussing different products in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back