Apples

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be a bumper crop again. All 3 trees are absolutely loaded this year. Now I need to figure out how we'll put them all to use.

Looks good.

This year we have a little more rain than last year, but still not enough, our avocado tree has few but they are pretty small and dropping to the ground everyday.

We have a couple tomato plants, none has any tomato at all.

We had 1500lbs last year, it got so bad the local horses got fed up eating them.

Looks like we will have even more this year.

Cider? Apple sauce? Deer or bear food depending. My mother would put up qts of apple sauce in qt wax milk cartons that were loaded into the deep freezer. Spent many hours cranking a Foley food mill
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
It's going to be a bumper crop again. All 3 trees are absolutely loaded this year. Now I need to figure out how we'll put them all to use.

Let me know when the crostata is ready; I will bring the gelato and espresso!

apple pie, apple turnovers, apple strudel, apple strahsle,apple fritters, apple jelly, hard apple cider, not-so-hard apple cider, apple chips, cider vinegar, apple brandy, apple cognac, sangria, apple lip/hand balm, apple pancakes, apple waffles, cinammon apple bread, green salad with apples and walnuts, apple cake, apple crisp, apple bundt cake, apple sauce, apple butter, spiced apple cider, apple pickles, apple soda, apple toast, apple-newtons, apple salsa, apple buckle, and on and on and on.....

Wish apples would grow here! Gotta love apples....

Originally Posted By: tom slick
What varieties do you have?

Two Fuji trees and one Gala tree. The Gala is for cross-pollination of the Fuji trees.

Very nice. Ive not looked at the local apple crop yet, but the peaches this year (yellow and white) have been amazing. If the apples are too, Ill be so happy. Nothing better than a large, cold, juicy golden delicious.

Nice crop! Do they sell well roadside? Perhaps kid to sell them for you?
I'd dehydrate a bunch of those for winter pies. I even eat them dehydrated as a snack.

Two Fuji trees and one Gala tree.

Fuji and Honeycrisp are my two favorite eating apples as of late. Have you tried growing Honeycrisp?

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Nice crop! Do they sell well roadside? Perhaps kid to sell them for you?
I'd dehydrate a bunch of those for winter pies. I even eat them dehydrated as a snack.

We'll make some apple preserves and do some canning. Quite a few will be given away, and of course, we'll make a couple carboys of apple wine. The branches are so loaded that they're touching the ground all around the trees.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Two Fuji trees and one Gala tree.

Fuji and Honeycrisp are my two favorite eating apples as of late. Have you tried growing Honeycrisp?

I've thought about putting in a couple Honeycrisp trees. When we planted them Honeycrisp trees were not yet available on the retail market. We have three apple and two cherry trees-I'm not sure if I could justify another apple tree, but the thought is in the back of my mind.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
apple pie, apple turnovers, apple strudel, apple strahsle,apple fritters, apple jelly, hard apple cider, not-so-hard apple cider, apple chips, cider vinegar, apple brandy, apple cognac, sangria, apple lip/hand balm, apple pancakes, apple waffles, cinammon apple bread, green salad with apples and walnuts, apple cake, apple crisp, apple bundt cake, apple sauce, apple butter, spiced apple cider, apple pickles, apple soda, apple toast, apple-newtons, apple salsa, apple buckle, and on and on and on.....

Wish apples would grow here! Gotta love apples....

Dang....forgot apple cider donuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back