2004 grand cherokee @ 151k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replacing the valve cover gaskets on my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7HO with 151k miles. Bought it in 2010 with 90,000 miles, do not know previous oil change history, but i have changed the oil every 5-6000 miles with Pennzoil platinum or ultra 10w-30 since I purchased it. I love this jeep, It will take me anywhere and has never let me down. Enjoy the pictures.

15663bl.jpg

20qc3r9.jpg

246rqzn.jpg

bjbk2r.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, It's a great sport utility vehicle. the quadradrive 4 wheel drive system still impresses me to this day.

I am really dumb about modern engines, but I was under the impression that all newer stuff had roller rockers cams. The pictures don't show it of course, but it looks like the cam rides directly on the rocker arm. Is there a roller built into the rocker arms?

Originally Posted By: old1
I am really dumb about modern engines, but I was under the impression that all newer stuff had roller rockers cams. The pictures don't show it of course, but it looks like the cam rides directly on the rocker arm. Is there a roller built into the rocker arms?

You are correct there is a roller built into the rocker arm. Looks like this.

ibkxf7.jpg

Originally Posted By: SEMI_287
... I REALLY miss my WJ.

Me too, even if it did only have the 4.0 in it. I'd probably still have it if I hadn't gotten rear ended.

Last edited:
Motor looks very clean. I'm inspired to start using the 30 quarts of Pennzoil Platinum I have in my garage. Thanks for the fun photos!

Wow that thing is clean! (speaking of exterior). Engine is pretty clean too! Keep up the good work and thanks for posting.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Originally Posted By: SEMI_287
... I REALLY miss my WJ.

Me too, even if it did only have the 4.0 in it. I'd probably still have it if I hadn't gotten rear ended.

I think I might put another one in the stable with taxes next year. If I can find another one with no rust.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! I got a crazy good deal on it when i bought it in 2010. The wj is probably the cheapest most versitile, most capable, fun used suv you can buy right now. Strong engine with the 4.7 or 4.7ho for the size of the vehicle, capable four wheel drive systems, solid front and rear axles, and mine handles pretty well considering the offroad capability. My wife and I love it and it will surprise alot of vehicles from a stoplight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back