What would cause a Coolant Leak Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several weeks ago, I had some work done to my '77 F250 which included; the blower motor, heater core, and water pump. Took the truck to run an errand and later on noticed a larg puddle of coolant near the front right tire. There is a hose coming off of the bottom of the blower box(sorry not sure of actual name) and that's where it's coming from.

Any ideas on what could potentially cause this? I've included a pic for reference:

Short hose on bottom of this box, red arrow:

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Heater core.

Thanks, that's a shame since it was just changed and I know it's a PITA to replace it.

Originally Posted By: AandPDan
Are you sure it's coolant and not condensate from the A/C?

X2. Make sure it's actually coolant. If it's just water coming out of the hose from the HVAC housing, that's A/C condensation and nothing to worry about (and should be happening). If it is actually coolant, then most likely the new heater core is leaking. A lot of parts like that aren't super high quality, and even a reputable aftermarket brand may be bad out of the box.

What you describe though, liquid near the passenger front tire from the evaporator core drain, is most likely normal condensation. Make sure of what the liquid is.

Also, any drop in coolant level?

Originally Posted By: AandPDan
Are you sure it's coolant and not condensate from the A/C?
I would say check also.

Sorry for the long delay, been very busy lately. It is absolutely green coolant, not condensation. The truck has been sitting for 3 weeks now and is still slowly leaking coolant. All of the connections seem ok to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back