Mutant flowers at Fukashima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I wonder what the effects on the population will be in a few years? I'm sure it is not going to be good.

I honestly think you'll be surprised how benign it is.

Hysteria sells newspapers, and if the manufacturers of detectors get them to be a household item, their sales will be 4 or 5 orders of magnitude greater...hysteria sells.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Not sure that you can blame the reactor...

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=760570

Youre not THAT far from Japan. Does the current carry water from up there down your way?

I do wonder how many mutations we see day to day and if this is one of them. I know Ive seen some oddities before, so is the co-location to the plant related or not?

I wonder if there is a way to tell via DNA analysis of these versus a "pristine" plant.

4800 miles? That's a fair distance.

Negative 5 years also

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I wonder what the effects on the population will be in a few years? I'm sure it is not going to be good.

I honestly think you'll be surprised how benign it is.

Hysteria sells newspapers, and if the manufacturers of detectors get them to be a household item, their sales will be 4 or 5 orders of magnitude greater...hysteria sells.

This I had to laugh when the internet was abuzz with radiation readings through the U.S. The most a person got during this hysteria was about the dose you get on a cross country flight.
Companies did great selling radiation detectors...lol...Cracked me up

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: Al
I worked my whole life in nuclear power.

Limerick Generating Station??

TMI, been to Limerick a couple of times. Nice plant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back