aor filter efficiency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know what basic off the shelf air filter will filter best.
O think I have an stp on one car and a FRAM on the other 2.

Ac delco be one of the most efficient cellulose filters from the limited data we have. The Fram Tough Guards are really good too but are not made for every application

The Amsoil filters are discontinued but really good too.

Where can I find the micron ratings and efficiency info for air filters. I don't seem to be finding it on googlelile with oil filters.

Nice to see another local join. Fwiw, I have asked this before and ran into many dead ends. Below is a link to my thread. Maybe it will answer a question or two. I ended up using a Wix, and it's holding up great.

Air Filter Efficiency

Btw, 270 posts in less than a month... Someone is addicted.

Originally Posted By: tony1679
Nice to see another local join. Fwiw, I have asked this before and ran into many dead ends. Below is a link to my thread. Maybe it will answer a question or two. I ended up using a Wix, and it's holding up great.

Air Filter Efficiency

This 'test' is relevant if his vehicle is a Duramax diesel from 2009 or earlier. Eveything else is opinion and supposition. But in this case, yes K&N came in last place with a 96.8% vs 99.9% efficiency rating vs the AC Delco in this diesel.

kn-v-oem-1.jpg

My point isn't to say that K&N filters best, just that once the internet gets a hold of any data, however gathered, the readers extrapolate the information into a witch hunt.

To the OP, If efficiency is what you're looking for, try any of the OEM cellulose style top name brand filters on the market. I doubt you'll encounter an issue with any of them.

Last edited:
Wemay - I just wanted to give more info, even if not fully applicable. My thread was never truly answered, but there was some good info and interesting opinions. Thanks for clarifying, I agree 100%.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: tony1679

Air Filter Efficiency

This 'test' is relevant if his vehicle is a Duramax diesel from 2009 or earlier. Eveything else is opinion and supposition. But in this case, yes K&N came in last place with a 96.8% vs 99.9% efficiency rating vs the AC Delco in this diesel.

kn-v-oem-1.jpg

My point isn't to say that K&N filters best, just that once the internet gets a hold of any data, however gathered, the readers extrapolate the information into a witch hunt.

To the OP, If efficiency is what you're looking for, try any of the OEM cellulose style top name brand filters on the market. I doubt you'll encounter an issue with any of them.

Is stp considered a top name brand? Seems to be a fram duplicate just black instead of orange from what I can tell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back