Was out in a Charger Hellcat today

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
So, I will update later with pics. Was in working on a wireless issue and some surveillance stuff and the opportunity to arose for a nice test drive (as a passenger) in the owner of the dealership's new Charger Hellcat, which has about 1800Km on it.

One word: SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!

Transmission shifts like a full-on race trans, fast and firm.

The traction control is EXTREMELY generous with wheelspin, allowing you to get it a touch sideways before it straightens you back out. We got rubber between shifts and it pulls like an absolute BEAR. We were using the red key BTW, so all 707HP on tap.

It comes out of the hole incredibly well for a car with that much power, I expected it to melt the tires and it hooked up surprisingly well.

Interior is gorgeous, suede door inserts, this car has the red/black interior, it is VERY sharp.

This car has some serious appeal, I like it better than the Challenger.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
.......(as a passenger) in the owner of the dealership's new Charger Hellcat, which has about 1800Km on it. ....... .

That's about the numbers being produced, right?? You have to own a dealership to have one!
Maybe the classic showroom-draw car. Customer walks in, prices a $100,000 HellKitty, and promptly buys a Hemi Charger or Challenger. Actually good marketing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: buster
Nice. Was is a DCT, automatic or manual?

It's an 8-speed auto, which I believe is the only gearbox available.

Originally Posted By: ExMachina
.......(as a passenger) in the owner of the dealership's new Charger Hellcat, which has about 1800Km on it. ....... .

That's about the numbers being produced, right?? You have to own a dealership to have one!
Maybe the classic showroom-draw car. Customer walks in, prices a $100,000 HellKitty, and promptly buys a Hemi Charger or Challenger. Actually good marketing.

True, LOL! They've had a number of Challenger Hellcat's in there already, but this is the first Charger I've seen.

Originally Posted By: buster
Nice. Was is a DCT, automatic or manual?

It's an 8-speed auto, which I believe is the only gearbox available.

You are correct. I wish there was a 6MT option, but you can only get that with the Challenger.

Did you experience WOT? I want to know how you can control this thing, I can't even comprehend being behind the wheel of a car with 707 HP. Gotta be one fun ride!

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Did you experience WOT? I want to know how you can control this thing, I can't even comprehend being behind the wheel of a car with 707 HP. Gotta be one fun ride!

Control, I know! Thing needs a dimmer switch for variable traction control. Max traction control for young people driving it and grocery-getting. Fun to play with multiple settings. And you're gonna need stability anti-skid control, 'cuz the trees aren't gonna jump out of the way....

Originally Posted By: cobra7279
A six speed manual is also available.

Only on the Challenger, as stated above. This was the Charger.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Without disabling the traction control, yes. It generally keeps you going somewhat straight and works hard to control wheelspin while unleashing as much as it can. It IS squirrelly though.

hellcat04.jpg

hellcat01.jpg

hellcat02.jpg

hellcat03.jpg

hellcat05.jpg

Awesome ride, you are in a very small club of folks with real seat time!

How's the whine? And isn't that ZF slushbox amazing. I bet that thing can actually get decent mileage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back