Replacment rear window struts on an SUV question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered some Tofnkshop struts from amazon.com to replace my rear window struts on my Trailblazer, they installed easily however when I went to close the window it wouldn't move at all! So I removed them and tried compressing the struts which had ZERO give, I tried rotating the shaft on the strut and it feels like its a solid single piece of metal as if the strut rod seized inside the body.

Amazon.com has 22 reviews 5, 5 star reviews, 1, 4 star, and a single 1 star review for (wrong part) I find it odd that not one but both of the struts are seized.

Maybe I'm missing something here but is there anyway of locking out the strut? I can't see anything that would allow you to lock it open. It just seems like I received 2 defective parts.

http://www.amazon.com/2004-2007-2002-2009-Chevrolet-Trailblazer-Oldsmobile/dp/B00CIMSGSG/

The part I ordered.

If they came fully extended, there is a slight possibility that they're stuck open.

There is no lock on these types of struts.

You could return, or try compressing them (be careful~!) to see if they un-stick.

They are now Amazon Prime so I'm pretty sure if I needed to return them Amazon would have my back.

I sent the company an e-mail asking them for advice. If no response by next week I'll take things up with Amazon.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the auto stores around here do too. But I like my 2 day free shipping.
Plus returns are super easy. Most of the time free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back