top tier gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to gasbuddy, Vancouver pricing runs 1.359 to 1.389 for stations being reported today. That appears to be reasonable range of pricing. The spread appears to be even greater in places like Edmonton and Regina.

Originally Posted By: y_p_w
I saw the name on a recent trip to BC. The name kind of scared me off because they sounded like some membership club (think Costco).

Anyone can fill at Co-ops. The only issue surrounding memberships it that if you have one, you build equity (and possible cash back) by filling there.

Originally Posted By: y_p_w
Also - is there some sort of regulated price-fixing up there? When we were on the BC mainland, all the gas stations were showing the exact same pricing.

That's been common through much of Canada for a long time. Edmonton and Calgary used to be the big exceptions, with small price differences all over the place. Regina used to have basically the same price at every station (with the exception of a couple discount, no name places). Now, things have changed a tiny bit. The prices don't move as much in lockstep; there's a bit of gap on the reaction of one station to another's movement. Also, it's geographical, despite the small size of this city. In the northwest end and in the east end (where Costco is), prices tend to be the lowest. Co-op and Imperial Oil (Esso) customarily raise the price before anyone else and lower it after everyone else, but in the past few weeks, Shell has moved into second in that little race, beating Esso.

There is a price regulation system in at least parts of Maritime Canada. It doesn't work out well for them and they customarily have higher prices than other parts of the country, not to mention shortages if an official gets the notion that stations should be selling at a loss.

As for it being cheaper in Washington, almost certainly it was!
wink.gif

ARCO 89 for me, just built an AM/PM around the corner, use SHELL when traveling, see tons of SHELL stations all along the highways
19.gif

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
I use top tier radiator water.

Could you point me to that listing? I've been using distilled H2O in my applications. Top tier?

Kia/Hyundai now recommend top tier gas. In lieu of that using Techron (Hyundai CFSC) every ~3k miles. TT no more expensive than non around here. Quik Trip my fave stops on the interstate to ATL and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back