How's The Weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
95 degrees, feels like temp of 105 degrees, 100% humidity every single day, more mosquitoes than I have ever seen in my 25 years living in Florida. A simple walk to the mailbox nets 10 new mosquito bites and a swarm around my head/neck. It is ridiculous this year. Summer sucks in Florida. I hate this state in the summer.

Hopefully when I retire I can afford a summer home in Montana/Idaho and a winter home in Florida. Than I will be happy with the weather.

You can't have 95 degrees and 100% humidity.

Da Swamp comes close -- 100% humidity just before dawn, with an actual temp of 85 and thus a heat index well over 90.

By the way, this is a good opportunity to resurrect my now- traditional dog days-of-summer post:

"This is the 'warm weather' so many of you wished for so devoutly in February!!!! Bwa-hah-ha!"

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
95 degrees, feels like temp of 105 degrees, 100% humidity every single day, more mosquitoes than I have ever seen in my 25 years living in Florida. A simple walk to the mailbox nets 10 new mosquito bites and a swarm around my head/neck. It is ridiculous this year. Summer sucks in Florida. I hate this state in the summer.

Your math isn't quite right. 95*F feeling like 105*F is a relative humidity of about 85%. For the humidity to be 100%, the dewpoint has to match the air temperature, and dewpoints just don't get as high as 95*F.

I'd also suggest that different parts of Florida "summer" differently. My folks live in Ponte Vedra, about 3 miles from the ocean. Daily highs in the summer average about 90*F in July, their hottest month, and there's a decent sea breeze most of the day. It's really quite pleasant.

But in the inland near Orlando or similar it's a completely different, and much more oppressive, world.

Florida's not all the same. We're actually considering moving to the Ponte Vedra/St. Aug area of Florida.

95 feeling like 105 , all wrong. 85% humidity would be a heat index of around 130.
95 f feeling like 105f requires a humidity level of 55%.
Yes it's Summer time happens every year.
As for Florida, Georgia is hotter. The pan handle of Florida, near GA, seems to be the hottest.
According to Weatherunderground Augusta GA is currently 106F. Heat index 109f, humidity 23%.

We've had amazing weather this summer! Every day has been 75-80 degrees and we've had mostly sunny weather with very little rain to spoil the party (but just enough to keep the grass green) I'm so glad I get 11 weeks off work every summer to fully enjoy it!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Patman
We've had amazing weather this summer! Every day has been 75-80 degrees and we've had mostly sunny weather with very little rain to spoil the party (but just enough to keep the grass green) I'm so glad I get 11 weeks off work every summer to fully enjoy it!
smile.gif

Must be nice...I'm guessing you're a teacher?

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
95 feeling like 105 , all wrong. 85% humidity would be a heat index of around 130.

You're right: I had my numbers backwards reading the table.

We are in a mini drought here. We set records every week. We've had several 100+ days, more 90+ days then any summer in more then 10 years, we've broken several records that were set in the 40's and 50's. It's not even August, normally our hottest month. We finally got out power back a few days ago . All hail the A/C that is part of the gaspack that was installed last year.

It's been surprisingly nice here in Iowa. This is the first year that I've had to mow twice a week well into July. We've had some hot, humid weather but it's normal. We haven't hit 100 yet, and we've had a good rain every week or so and the garden is thriving without any watering.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
We are in a mini drought here. We set records every week. We've had several 100+ days, more 90+ days then any summer in more then 10 years, we've broken several records that were set in the 40's and 50's. It's not even August, normally our hottest month. We finally got out power back a few days ago . All hail the A/C that is part of the gaspack that was installed last year.

July is the hottest month for Charlotte. Followed by August and then June.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Patman
smile.gif

Must be nice...I'm guessing you're a teacher?

Nope, my wife is a teacher, but I do photo retouching for a school photography company. I've worked there long enough now that if I wanted to work summers I could, but I choose to take the time off to enjoy the summer instead!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back