Continental Recalls Some ContiProContact 225/45R17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting post , there was rant and rave of this brand tire recently , Personally i would never buy this brand to begin with , Thanks for sharing

There are customers we service who have had recalled tires and known about it, and they ran their tires near bald before sending them back....

it's good that continental cought it early and is addressing it so readily

I have these on both of my VWs and love them. I get excellent wet/dry traction, good tracking and low noise along with excellent wear. My Passat has about 24,000 miles on it and the tires look almost like they did when new so they are wearing very well. I would certainly buy Continental tires again.

They are the OE tires on my Escape. Decent tire. I can tell it is a LRR tire because there isn't much winter traction. The only real downside I see in this tire from my experience is they are a little noisey around town. They aren't loud cruising on the interstate or even when they are cold. I only notice it when they are all warmed up and at slower speeds.

Originally Posted By: heyu
Interesting post , there was rant and rave of this brand tire recently , Personally i would never buy this brand to begin with , Thanks for sharing

Yeah, there was, mostly by people who think pot holes are OK to go full speed in, etc.
I had many Continental tires, and never, never had issue. Now have it on Tiguan 3rd year, DWS, no issue.

Originally Posted By: edyvw

Yeah, there was, mostly by people who think pot holes are OK to go full speed in, etc.
I had many Continental tires, and never, never had issue. Now have it on Tiguan 3rd year, DWS, no issue.

I absolutely loved my DWS's I had on my last car(06 C350). After those tires I will definiely give Continental my money again.

nothing wrong with continential its a well known good brand. Not like falken or even kumho imo.

but like all manufacturers they have some tire models that are better than others.

sounds like a small manufacturing defect. or maybe a disgruntled worker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back