Wierd, my TMPS works without being on the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 08 Silverado I run sensors in the winter wheels, but not in my summer wheels. Not running sensors, the light normally doesn't come on, unless I run about 10 miles down the highway, but around town it is always off, until today. Said right rear tire was low. Tires with the sensors are stored in an enclosed trailer next to where I park. So I checked the tires in the trailer, and sure enough the one that was supposed to be on the RR was low. Filled it back up and the light went off. Strange.

If you are parking close enough for it to make connection now and then, it won't throw an error.

When I had two flats on the Focus due to tires being slashed, I threw them in to the trunk and put on two snow tires. It was few drive cycles before it realized that I had a flat

The two cars in my signature use the ABS sensors for TPMS. Both cars use good old rubber valve stems. There is a reset button in the glovebox for my car and my wifes Audi is reset through a menu selection on the multi media interface.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
The two cars in my signature use the ABS sensors for TPMS. Both cars use good old rubber valve stems. There is a reset button in the glovebox for my car and my wifes Audi is reset through a menu selection on the multi media interface.

Too bad that setup, like they also use on new Mazda's, Honda's, VW's, couldn't be retrofitted to the rest. It is the best system that complies with the stupid 2007 law by far. Will still pick up one low tire, or even 4 low tires, unlike the early ABS system.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv

Yep Indirect TPMS. My bros 04 Lexus LS430 (right before the TPMS mandate) has indirect TPMS. It won't tell you which tire is low or give out real-time tire pressures though.

Originally Posted By: Traction
My 08 Silverado I run sensors in the winter wheels, but not in my summer wheels. Not running sensors, the light normally doesn't come on, unless I run about 10 miles down the highway, but around town it is always off, until today. Said right rear tire was low. Tires with the sensors are stored in an enclosed trailer next to where I park. So I checked the tires in the trailer, and sure enough the one that was supposed to be on the RR was low. Filled it back up and the light went off. Strange.

It's a goofy system on all our newer GM fleet vehicles. I bought a tool for 29 bucks to reset them myself. The stealership rotated my tires and left their locations the same, so they were reversed.

Funny how my ten year old sig car needs no special treatment at all. Move the tires anywhere and the system figures it out automatically. I haven't even replaced a battery yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back