Redesigned 2016 Silverado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Looks nice. But painted bumpers on a truck are silly. Briars and so forth, bumps , and they way a truck is used will make them look bad in short order. Its painted right above where the tow hook openings are! If you only drive it in the city, i guess its ok.

Edit, where they placed the satellite receiver ant looks wonky as well.

Color matched bumpers are usually on "Sport" pkgs. Either that or "Base" pkg painted bumpers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wtd
I don't think the 15 Silverado looks bad and the 16 is also not bad looking but I still like the looks of my two 1998 chevy trucks the best and is why I still have them and not something newer. Not to mention the price of most new trucks is almost what I paid for my first new house back in 1992.

Wayne

I feel trucks looked best from about 1970 to about 2002/3. Regardless of brand or country of origin, they just all looked pretty good then. Around 2001 the bug eyed Frontier came out, then in 2003 GM went a little Aztek on the Silverado's grille and lamps, and trucks have been getting weirder ever since.

That updated GMC pictured above doesn't look bad. I still think it's over-stylized and a cleaner design would look better though.

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
Color matched bumpers look way better, not sure what that guy is smoking.

Like i said if you drive it in the city only, its probably ok. Drive it across a few of my fields and it will look like [censored] fast.

The painted bumpers are only good if you don't use a truck as its designed.

Last edited:

Like i said if you drive it in the city only, its probably ok. Drive it across a few of my fields and it will look like [censored] fast.

The vast majority of those trucks are used as cars anyway so it doesn't matter.

Anyone who cross shops a car and a truck really doesn't need a truck.

Last edited:

Or just use splash guards? Or are your fields covered in brush that will scratch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back