look at what they did to my car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ram_man

Id fix it myself at this point if i could get the parts but they are only available through ford and obviously they'll get suspicious if i buy parts for a car under warranty. .....

People wreck foci every day, you can even order them online...

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
I'm so confused.

I thought the Dart was a done deal, just signing the papers and picking it in the (yesterday) morning...

The focus was being bought back...

Anyhow...

Since apparently you have the ability to work on at least some of it. Seems to me you have a couple of choices.

Fix it yourself and be done with it...
Start a case with Ford and start pushing it...

I'd be curious if the selling dealer (where I'm presuming you must have burned a bridge) will put a "We won't work on it" in writing. I'm guessing not. I'm also guessing you probably don't want them working on it anyway...

Id fix it myself at this point if i could get the parts but they are only available through ford and obviously theyll get suspicious if i buy parts for a car under warranty. .....

They don't ask for Vin

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I'm so confused.

I thought the Dart was a done deal, just signing the papers and picking it in the (yesterday) morning...

The focus was being bought back...

Anyhow...

I kinda figured theyd ask my name and im in the system. I didn't even think about ordering them on line kimda a duh moment. I may do that. I hate to fix nit but it might be easier unfortunately but ill never ever buy another ford again.

Since apparently you have the ability to work on at least some of it. Seems to me you have a couple of choices.

Fix it yourself and be done with it...
Start a case with Ford and start pushing it...

I'd be curious if the selling dealer (where I'm presuming you must have burned a bridge) will put a "We won't work on it" in writing. I'm guessing not. I'm also guessing you probably don't want them working on it anyway...

Id fix it myself at this point if i could get the parts but they are only available through ford and obviously theyll get suspicious if i buy parts for a car under warranty. .....

They don't ask for Vin

Where in southern MO are you as I live in Southwest MO and don't want to go to whatever Ford dealerships you have been dealing with. I have my own bad story about a couple of the Ford dealerships around me in regards to issues with my Mustang in the past.

Wayne

Id fix it myself at this point if i could get the parts but they are only available through ford and obviously they'll get suspicious if i buy parts for a car under warranty. .....

People wreck foci every day, you can even order them online...

X2.

Ford won't know or care why you or any other non-warranty customer is buying parts. In fact, they would be happy to sell you parts to fix the car yourself outside of the warranty. Just don't plan on going to them after the fact looking for reimbursement for something you repair yourself.

Ford puts core charges on a lot of body parts just to keep them away from the aftermarket, but they will gladly sell you struts and they do not care why you want them.

Originally Posted By: wtd
Where in southern MO are you as I live in Southwest MO and don't want to go to whatever Ford dealerships you have been dealing with. I have my own bad story about a couple of the Ford dealerships around me in regards to issues with my Mustang in the past.

Wayne

I actually just sent you a pm.

service dept and parts dept are also separate , and don't really communicate to each other unless the mechanics are trying to get a part from them.

parts dudes want to sell sell sell, you could buy a 600$ alternator,a 10000$ transmission or a 50 cent pack of orings. They don't give a hoot what you actually need it for , as long as you can pay for it. They'll make sure you know that special order parts are non refundable ( or maybe a restocking fee ) and electrical parts are 100% non refundable. A good counterman will ensure its the right part so you are happy when the part fits correctly, if you are wondering why he needs the VIN. All he does is punch it in the computer to get the correct parts look up for your vehicle.

Source? I was a parts guy at a Chrysler dealership

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back