Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

"think he is invincible because he is genius.."
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I only see one person posting here who fits that description.

I resemble that remark.....
wink.gif

Selling a few items into today's mini rally. Building cash again (not kidding)......so I can buy hard gold.
smirk.gif
wink.gif

Quote:

Would somebody clarify what are these companies and why one week before the close of call options current prices are in most cases still considerably below strike prices ? Some options cost really nothing. http://finance.yahoo.com/q/op?s=SPY

Those aren't companies, that's SPY, S&P depository receipts. Look at the current price, 148.9. The reason the the ones under that price are higher is because when the price of the underlying instrument surpasses the strike price the option is called "in the money" this is because call options are most profitable for the buyer when the underlying instrument is moving up, making the price of the underlying instrument closer to the strike price. But I think your confusion is because USA is different than Europe. It is difficult for me to explain. A European call option allows the holder to exercise the option (i.e., to buy) only on the option expiration date. An American call option allows exercise at any time during the life of the option.

Pablo,
Thank you for your clarifications. To my shame I never had a real experience with options, just wikpedia's and investopedia's related articles, so european rules have nothing to do with my ignorance and confusion. Apparently I derouted you by saying "current prices are in most cases still considerably below strike prices". Instead of the word current I had to say bid/ask. Sorry. If everything goes at this pace, the bid/ask prices will not only surpass strike prices, but will remain far below them. And, therefore, those who sells, will lose. Is it correct ?

Another point is why so huge difference in value between current price ($149) and strike prices of the first 90th receipts ?

Quote:

I wish he would just shutthefukup. I guess he figures it's been long enough now, so no one will remember his goofs.

Exactly..He seems for forget he was asleep at the switch during the S&L, Dotcoms, Mortgage Mess,. And of course He had no problems with ignoring the U.S. overspending (deficit),..then. He never was a political hack/yesman.
smirk.gif

Exactly..He seems for forget he was asleep at the switch during the S&L, Dotcoms, Mortgage Mess,. And of course He had no problems with ignoring the U.S. overspending (deficit),..then. He never was a political hack/yesman.
smirk.gif

Good points.

Funny thing, I'm not all in at this point, but I have over 10 things going ex-dividend tomorrow after good run ups. They pay at the end of the month I'm hanging on.

Hard to say, but small rally may continue. Some follow through would be nice. Maybe volatility will be down.

NIKKEI is up over 531 points right now.

I pretty sure I'm at my all time high, but I will tabulate tomorrow AM as always. If you feel queasy, sell some stuff. But I'm hangin' on like Slim Pickens......

Quote:

"Wow the canadian dollar today = crazy up ^"
Massive oil reserves will do this for you.

Quote:

"Wow the canadian dollar today = crazy up ^"
Massive oil reserves will do this for you.

FICDX

Fidelity Canada FTW. One of my better ones. Wish I had more than $8K.
frown.gif
Bought in Mar 08 up 31%. Not too shabby. It appears to go up on part bc of Can$ increased valuation.

I sold off some of my FNORX , and FIEUX (Nordic, Europe.) Figured this one day interest cut would be a flash in the pan. Time for another cut.
frown.gif

Quote:

I'm thinking of selling some of my Can. and EU stuff......
$5000 over my all time record yesterday. Down a bit today.

EU funds are not at the highs for the year...at least none of Fidelity's are.
What I do is sell maybe 15 to 20 percent of my EU/Can/Emerging markets at a time..but I keep my automatic investments so I limit the total amount of percent I keep. I sell (hopefully
smirk.gif
) on the bumps. Its worked pretty good for the last 1 1/2 years.

I think if the dollar flames out the downside in world markets will be worse than the upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back