C it go gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Citgo isn't Top Tier, but they've been advertising the heck out of their Tri Clean fuel. I wonder how does it compare to top tier?

When they were American,back in the day,they were called "Cities Service".

Most Citgo stations are independent franchises. Only the refinery stuff is owned by Venezuela. And truth be told, those Citgo stations get their gas from the same fuel terminals that the other stations in the area are getting gas. And those terminals take refined gas from multiple refineries. When the gas is loaded up in the tank truck, then additives specified by the brand are injected into the fuel stream as it is loaded. If a station wants top tier, then the additives are injected into the fuel stream as it goes to the tanker. If another station wants something else, or nothing, added to the fuel, then that is specified at time of loading and fuel is loaded up as the station dictates. The gas in those big, huge storage tanks have no additives, except some basic stuff that is needed for running the gas from the refinery, thru the pipeline, to the terminal.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Their crude is high sulfur and few refineries can handle it besides ones in the US. Thus why they have to be civil to us.

Venezualan crude is known as "heavy crude" and is really tough to pump, transport, and refine. It does refine into a lot of asphalt though.

I do alot of work with and for Citgo as well as many of the refineries.
The word is and has been that Citgo America has to sale. If they don't get a buyer, which they've struggled to do,they will simply have to hand themselves over to either chevron or Exxon as they owe the Americans too much money. I personaly know one of the plant managers down in Texas that told me this. Everybody in my industry knows Citgo Americas days are numbered. I'm hoping a smaller out fit from within the states or Canada buys them out first.

Originally Posted By: Bigdaddyeasy
I do alot of work with and for Citgo as well as many of the refineries.
The word is and has been that Citgo America has to sale. If they don't get a buyer, which they've struggled to do,they will simply have to hand themselves over to either chevron or Exxon as they owe the Americans too much money. I personaly know one of the plant managers down in Texas that told me this. Everybody in my industry knows Citgo Americas days are numbered. I'm hoping a smaller out fit from within the states or Canada buys them out first.

Not surprising. Their assets were nationalized (stolen), and they still have to pay market price for their crude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back