Krud Kutter on grungy non-skid deck surface

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried non-skid deck cleaner and it did NOT do the job. I do see they now have "double strength" non-skid deck cleaner. Anyone had any issues cleaning fiberglass boat surface with the original Krud Kutter? I tried a small section and it looks better than the non-skid deck cleaner.

Tried Simple Green yet? I know it cuts through most crud pretty well and should be safe on fiberglass.

I have not tried simple green. Just non-skid deck cleaner and hull cleaner. Each did some minor cleaning, but left a whole lot.

Emailed Krud Kutter and they said safe on fiberglass and painted fiberglass. I think my swim platform was factory painted as part of the color scheme.

Initial trial with Krud Kutter shows promise. Maybe brushing it in, possibly a pressure washer rinse.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Try StarBrite non skid deck cleaner (use as directed!) And I bet you never ever look for a better way ever again.

They sell double strength also.

Last edited:
Before:

After StarBrite:

Was this as simple as spray, wait and rinse? Or was a lot of brushing needed after spraying on the Starbrite? Pressure washing?

Are you thinking Starbrite is better than other non-skid deck cleaner, or all the same?

Before:

After StarBrite:

This is about how my non-skid desck surfaces look presently. In the cockpit area and the front deck and swim platform. I have use non-skid deck cleaner with brushing and it helped but not much. Are you suggesting Starbrite is better than others?

Last edited:
Greased Lightning works well for tough jobs. They also have a "stronger" version with sodium hydroxide in it for tough grease. Not sure if it's safe for gelcoat or not.

I've also found Tuff-Stuff very handy for lots of cleaning jobs. It's primary ingredients are: 2-butoxyethanol and sodium metasilicate. Both strong detergents. Whenever I see it on sale for $3/can I buy two.

I've also heard good things about Krud Kutter. Another thing to try is sudsy ammonia.

StarBrite is you spray water on the deck, spray the Starbrite, brush, rinse. It did not take a ridiculous amount of brushing at all. Crud flies off real fast and easy with it.

I don't know if I would say it works better than all deck cleaners, but Purple Power and a few deck cleaners I tried were a waste of time by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back