Replica Wheels for Honda Civic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP, post a picture of the style of wheel you're seeking and we can help you look. I would absolutely not buy replica wheels. There's probably a reason they're far less expensive.

More than likely the replica wheels won't have an outer lip for balancing, so you'll need tape weights. These are ugly and can cause finish problems where they "used to be". It takes more to do the job, as they're closer to the center of gravity. Sometimes your tire store will hide them behind the spokes, sometimes not.

Here is a pic of the wheels I want.

http://thedailyreview.com/polopoly_fs/1.464940!/image/114510392.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/114510392.jpg

Last edited:
Ah those are:

42700-SNA-A72 ; 42700-SNA-A73; 42700SNAA73

They are high dollar.

Problem with repaired wheels is if they aren't repairing yours you have no idea what was wrong with them to start...

Still, I'd probably prefer a repaired factory wheel to a cheap replica.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Ah those are:

42700-SNA-A72 ; 42700-SNA-A73; 42700SNAA73

They are high dollar.

Problem with repaired wheels is if they aren't repairing yours you have no idea what was wrong with them to start...

Still, I'd probably prefer a repaired factory wheel to a cheap replica.

Yep, I've never seen a set of these wheels on craigslist, never mind a set in good shape. If you find a set within a few hundred miles of Minnesota please share.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
More than likely the replica wheels won't have an outer lip for balancing, so you'll need tape weights.

To which lip do you refer? The one on the outside of the wheel -- the street side? This lip is gone from many wheel designs today (dare I say "most"?). Both vehicles that we own do not have an outer lip, but do have an inner lip. I'd say this is beginning to be the new normal.

The OEM wheels sought in this thread also do not have an outer lip.

Wow, $350-450 per wheel. I guess you want what you want, but it seems kind of crazy to me. You could get a lighter set of good rims with good tires for less than that. Keep your steelies and tires for when you sell it for those who don't like non-OE rims.

^ I will not be spending 350-450 per wheel. No worries there. Unless I can the whole set for less than $700 I will be keeping the steelies.

I talked to my father and he knows someone who has connections with a wheel reconditioning company so hopefully that works out.

Well, I will be getting a set of OEM reconditioned wheels for $75 a piece plus tax from my dad's friend!
banana2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back