Ford Racing Coil Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a set of these for my '14 for Amazon Prime Day. They look a ton better than the factory grey ones. These were so cheap, I wish I had done it sooner. This is another thing that I wish the Track Pack cars had stock.

Before, boring grey coil covers:

After, snazzy blue coil covers:

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I read that as coilover

Coilovers are for the 95 Mustang. I have a full set of Bilstein coilovers with Hypercoil springs from Maximum Motorsports for that car.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
...from Maximum Motorsports for that car.

oh boy that brings back memories. CCM and griggs, i think my tokicos came from MM.

Does Ford really call these "coil covers"? I too was wndering why such a [censored] photo of the Coilovers. I must be getting old, always knew them as "valve covers".

They go on top of the valve covers to try and insulate the coils from heat.

I just got them because they looked cool and were cheap. The only engine mods I would do to the car would be the BOSS 302S 12quart oil pan. Plenty of hp as it stands, I have the 95 to play with.

Originally Posted By: wtd
I've thought about getting a set for my 14 Mustang GT. How much were they if you don't mind me asking?

Wayne

It was $80ish somewhere around there. I had Amazon points. Late Model Resto has them for like $78 now. I was debating painting the "Powered by Ford" and the stripes black.

They look great, but I would probably have taken off even the stock ones unless they actually do functionally help out the coils somehow.

I never understood why (even for aesthetic reasons) people put those C5 Vette coil covers on LS1 f bodies.
21.gif

To me they are so 'jive' and ***** that they are the FIRST thing I would take off of a C5, or C6 (which came from the factory with them).

I LIKE the looks of a coil near plug, or coil ON plug set up, so I would WANT it showing, and besides the LS1/2/3 Vette ones (not sure about the Coyote ones?) look like they would actually hold the heat IN, not help dissapate it.

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
Does Ford really call these "coil covers"? I too was wndering why such a [censored] photo of the Coilovers. I must be getting old, always knew them as "valve covers".

On Fords you call them cam covers

OHV engines, We call them valve cover.

Does Ford still have an OHV left? Or has it went the way of Honda two stroke motorcycles?

dailydriver, dont forget that these covers can keep a lot of dust off of the critical parts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Miller88
I read that as coilover

Haha, likewise here.

But remember, this is from the same company that brought you "Turbo Brakes"!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wtd
I've thought about getting a set for my 14 Mustang GT. How much were they if you don't mind me asking?

Wayne

It was $80ish somewhere around there. I had Amazon points. Late Model Resto has them for like $78 now. I was debating painting the "Powered by Ford" and the stripes black.

Thanks. I have some amazon points left so I will have to check it out.

Originally Posted By: Scum_Frog
Looks good...what was the installation like?

Took a couple minutes. Longest part of the whole process was zipping off the 4 nuts that hold on the strut tower brace. You don't have to do it, but it makes it faster.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Haha, likewise here.

*cough cough* My car has "premium turbo brakes" thank you very much.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Haha, likewise here.

*cough cough* My car has "premium turbo brakes" thank you very much.

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back