look at what they did to my car

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the dodge dealer started kinda annoying me. Saying this doing that kind of thing so i backed away from the new dart. I decided to take a peek at my focus and see how the ford dealer treated my car. (I had my suspicions that it wasn't right. Well i was right the struts were not aligned properly with the spindle they werent even seated fully because of this. They messed the threads up on my sway bar link and they broke my abs sensor.
How would you proceed with this? I obviously do not want those clowns touching my vehicle again. I sent an email to ford about it but how would you persue this i being a certified mechanic do know what they did was wrong and me doing it for a living and knowing the game personally the issues they caused bothers me that much more. All helpful advice is appreciated. I feel like i am literally living a nightmare.

2ynqg4o.jpg

2cqbu5u.jpg

IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/2zz5g9e.jpg[/IMG]

ram_man:

You NEED to go to a different Ford dealer,
explain to Ford Corporate what happened with the repairs and ask them how to proceed, of course I would NEVER go back to that dealer because it is obvious that they are incompetent hacks.

I think you should keep that car and get the problems fixed right at a competent dealer. Ask to speak to a Ford Corp DSM (district service manager at Ford corporate and request him to direct you to a dealer he feels excels at service work. Then have the DSM
coordinate things he will need to stay in the loop to make things completely right.

Last edited:
The dealer i started going to for the suspension issues was a different dealer. The dealer i bought it from wont work on it and the other dealer local said since the car has had these issues i need to take it to where the issues began and have them fix it correctly. So the only other half way close dealership was the one that did this "repair" uggg. Im guessing there isnt a good dealer around here.

Talk to a lawyer about the first dealer not fixing it. This should be good. The initial consult should be free where you guys go over your options.

Also you'll find out if that lawyer has ever worked this dealer over before.

I've been lucky enough to never get a lemon like this, but if it were me...

I would beat on this thing relentlessly only taking it back to the dealer for anything necessary to keep it moving down the road. Right before the warranty was up, I would take it in with a laundry list and let them fix it and promptly trade it in on something else.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Which one did you work at previously?

Maybe they sabotaged it for you?

The one that did the work on the struts was the other dealer I've never worked for them. The original dealer where i bought it was the one i worked for. Hasn't been back there in awhile now.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I've been lucky enough to never get a lemon like this, but if it were me...

I would beat on this thing relentlessly only taking it back to the dealer for anything necessary to keep it moving down the road. Right before the warranty was up, I would take it in with a laundry list and let them fix it and promptly trade it in on something else.

It's not a lemon. The AC freezes up ...

How far south in Missouri are you? I know some good techs from my time working at a dealership. They are all in either Rolla or St James now. I would request these guys specifically if I run into something beyond the technology or time available to me to do at home.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

It's not a lemon. The AC freezes up ...

I would agree, all issues that I can remember have been minor. I think the AC was fixed, the strut mount was making noise and there was a blemish in the paint. The seat fabric had some wear too.

Am I missing anything?

What ever happened to this?

Originally Posted By: ram_man
...the focus is eligible for vehicle buy back so we file lemon law which the dealership is doing for me

Is getting it bought back as a lemon not still an option?

And why were you having a bunch of work done on the car while planning on trading it in?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
What ever happened to this?

Originally Posted By: ram_man
...the focus is eligible for vehicle buy back so we file lemon law which the dealership is doing for me

Is getting it bought back as a lemon not still an option?

And why were you having a bunch of work done on the car while planning on trading it in?

Well the dealership that has had it 5 times for the suspension didn't process it in the computer so there isnt proof it was there that many times. My wife took it in but they didn't always give her a receipt the guy told it wasnt necessary as the info was in the computer. So lemon law would be pretty difficult now.
Also the ac not working the suspension popping ect are both reasons for lemon law. The engine also had to have the timing cover gasket replaced and the transmission had the fluid replaced because from the factory it was underfilled and was very noisy. Its better but still noisier than any others ive heard.

I have bad news. Ford corporate doesn't care. They really don't. I'm not sure why everyone around here thinks that pitching a fit to Ford does something. It doesn't, as in nothing.

They'll simply tell you that all dealers are independently owned, and that you need to complain to the management of the dealership...and to have a nice day.

If you find a rotten Ford dealer, and there are plenty... then find a different one. Maybe the next one will be a little bit better.

Originally Posted By: cb_13
How far south in Missouri are you? I know some good techs from my time working at a dealership. They are all in either Rolla or St James now. I would request these guys specifically if I run into something beyond the technology or time available to me to do at home.

ha, if i were you, i'd read through ram_man's other posts to hear his saga before you send him to your friends

Last edited:
I'm so confused.

I thought the Dart was a done deal, just signing the papers and picking it in the (yesterday) morning...

The focus was being bought back...

Anyhow...

Since apparently you have the ability to work on at least some of it. Seems to me you have a couple of choices.

Fix it yourself and be done with it...
Start a case with Ford and start pushing it...

I'd be curious if the selling dealer (where I'm presuming you must have burned a bridge) will put a "We won't work on it" in writing. I'm guessing not. I'm also guessing you probably don't want them working on it anyway...

I have dealt with Ford corporate in the past over a known safety failure. Had a strut spring break at highway speeds with family in the car. There was a TSB on my Sable for strut springs breaking but they only replacing failures. Another issues with a design failure caused rain to burn out blower motor. It was garage stored most of it's life and saw very little rain so the problem surface at 10 years 6 months with 80,000 miles. They said they were only fixing the ones that were 10 years and 150,000 miles. 6 onths out and they would do nothing knowing it was their own design failure. I will not be buying another Ford unless I get a steal on it. Corporate doesn't care and won't support their products when known issues are a problem.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I have bad news. Ford corporate doesn't care. They really don't. I'm not sure why everyone around here thinks that pitching a fit to Ford does something. It doesn't, as in nothing.

The issue is you need to work with the right people at corporate, and that is NOT the call center people, they will set up an appointment with the Ford District Service Rep in your area. Once the DSM speaks with you and finds out the issues they will work with you and push the dealer of your choice to get the problems resolved once and for all.

ram_man....Call Ford Corp back up and ask them to put you in touch with the DSM for your area, these factory service reps visit each dealership usually twice a month, but in cases such as yours they may end up stopping in every week ,or even staying around for a week or more to get the situation made right.

Ask that DSM to choose the best dealer (it actually sounds like the place you bought it from might be the best choice for the service work). This is usually works well because a the better of all places will not mind having the DSM around and getting things made right.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
I'm so confused.

I thought the Dart was a done deal, just signing the papers and picking it in the (yesterday) morning...

Anyhow...

Since apparently you have the ability to work on at least some of it. Seems to me you have a couple of choices.

I'd be curious if the selling dealer (where I'm presuming you must have burned a bridge) will put a "We won't work on it" in writing. I'm guessing not. I'm also guessing you probably don't want them working on it anyway...

Thats what i was told at the dodge dealer and then they said they had a long way to go yesterday. So i have no idea what to believe.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
I'm so confused.

Anyhow...

Id fix it myself at this point if i could get the parts but they are only available through ford and obviously theyll get suspicious if i buy parts for a car under warranty. .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back